RT taxi cost

M&T

• 9 months later...

I would like to know this too. I have contacted the hotel at La Sagesse, Chris's Tours, and Mandoo's Tours for transfer costs. On other sites I have read that the price is anywhere from $50 to $100 round trip. Apparently the local bus costs $5 but I'm not that brave!

I will re post when I get some replies.

IF the buses go there, and you have plenty of time, you don't need to be brave to take one. I feel MUCH safer on Grenada's buses than I do in the U.S.

I don't know the cost of the taxis, but make sure you know whether they are quoting you in USD or EC. $1USD = 2.70EC, or for the math challenged $1USD = $2.50. I'm willing to bet the bus cost is really 5EC = $2USD per person.

It might be cheaper to haggle with the taxi drivers in port than to try to arrange something in advance.

Let us know what you find out.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis; great info about the bus. The hotel at La Sagesse told me that the taxi rate to and from the beach is $60 return and are fixed by the government. Just for fun, I e-mailed 2 taxi companies for pricing; one quoted $70 and the other $80. However they both agreed to $60 when I challenged their rates.:D

Archived