Beach day with hotel amenities/ Cayman

pupskate

Hi there.

Can anyone suggest a decent hotel that offers use of their beach and pool area. We will be in Cayman on Oct 5th. I do not like any of the excursions Carnival has to offer for this port, and we really just want to spend that day at the beach/pool. I know some hotels let you pay for a day excursion with their facilities.

I saw pictures of Royal Palms, which looks lovely, however the photo showed a hundred lounge chairs 2 inches from each other. I'm not that keen on laying that close to a stranger...LOL. So something with room to spread out would be nice.

Thanks for any suggestions! =)

There are fairly few actual hotels on Seven Mile Beach - most of the beach being taken up by condos.

The Westin has a long beachfront and room to spread out, if they are willing to sell a day pass then that might be an option. Otherwise you could rent a room for the day.

The Grand Cayman Beach Suites (former Hyatt) and the Marriott Beach Resort have very little beachfront and chairs tend to be packed in tight.

The Ritz Carlton has a lot of beachfront but I am quite certain they do not offer day passes.

Cemetery is a lovely casuarina tree lined beach towards the northern end of Seven Mile Beach. It is popular with day trippers and locals alike looking for a quieter spot compared to the beach clubs, as well as those looking for some decent snorkeling. There are NO amenities here of any kind other than trash bins. You would need to bring your own food and drink. There is a Foster's grocery store a 15-20 walk minute farther north along the road, as well as Al Fresco's restaurant with a deck for dinning & drinks just past. Any taxis or West Bay(WB) buses can take you there.

SeaGrape beach is a section of the West Bay Public Beach a bit closer to town than Cemetery. Calico Jacks Beach Bar is here so you can purchase food & drink. There is a playground, washroom, and volleyball courts on the "Public" Beach section and chairs for rent by Calico Jacks. Some rudimentary snorkeling opportunity exists among the rocks near shore. Same deal on the bus or taxi.

I am guessing "Courtyard Beach" also refers to Sea Grape near where Gekos bar was, as a Marriott Courtyard used to be across the street (now derelict). Tiki Beach is a newer beach club that is also in the area.

Courtyard Beach refers to an area between Sea Grape and Tiki Beach - directly opposite from the derelict Courtyard by Marriott Hotel. The Courtyard by Marriott is on the side of the road opposite the beach.

The Marriott Beach Resort is an entirely different location, much closer to George Town, and directly on the beach.

Hi, and thank you for the info Drew. I'm looking in to Cemetary, Sea Grape and Courtyard beaches (which I believe is part of the Marriott??) I appreciate your reply.

Have a great day :)

We went to Sea Grape and found it a bit crowded. Easy to get to by bus. We are looking to try something different next trip.

Thanks for all the great info guys!! I guess the good thing is we don't have to book anything ahead of time so we can always get a feel for what people are talking about onboard as well. I'll just be happy with my feet in the sand and blue water in my sight :).....October is tooooo far away!!

Archived