A few questions about the Ecstasy

tkane10

Hi, my DH and I are taking a cruise on the ecstasy in Dec 11 to Freeport, Nassau, and Key West for my mother's birthday (DH and I's second cruise, parents first). Mom has already found a few dolphin excursions that she would like to do but we were wondering if the "Dolphin Encounter" in Freeport allows her to actually swim a bit with the dolphin (like hold on to the fin while it swims in the shallow pool?) The other excursion she wants to do is to horseback ride on the beach, but carnival doesn't seem to have any of these? Since she's doing the dolphin excursion in Freeport, we would like to do the horseback riding in Nassau (Mom wants to just walk around and explore Key West.)

Also, since we would be in two different staterooms (DH and I in an OV and my parents in a Balcony) is it possible for us to be seated together at dinner? I haven't actually booked yet, but will be in a few weeks. Any advice/help is appreciated. :D

Make sure your booking agent links the two bookings. You dont even have to have booked with the same agent to link them .. thats all it takes to sit together in the dining room.

Im not sure which excursions you are doing. Are these thru the ship? Most people seem to do the dolpins in cozumel, so not sure how much info you will find, but I hope someone here knows.

I would like to do the excursions through the ship... I'm too much of a worry wort and would be afraid that we would be left behind :/ Mom wants to do a swim with dolphins excursion, but one that's in a pool, not the ocean (she's a bit scared of other fish "attacking") and a horseback riding excursion. They don't *exactly* have to be through CC, but I'm just looking for options for either of those excursions.

I like the ship's excursions too. Iv been on Ecstasy 4 or 5 times, is why I opened the thread, but didnt see any questions specific to the ship. If you have any questions about Ecstasy in particular ask away. If you dont get answers, might try asking it as a excursion question, as many other ships in the Carnival fleet will be offering these same excursions and those people may not open this thread thinking the questions have to do with Ecstasy.

Hi, my DH and I are taking a cruise on the ecstasy in Dec 11 to Freeport, Nassau, and Key West for my mother's birthday (DH and I's second cruise, parents first). Mom has already found a few dolphin excursions that she would like to do but we were wondering if the "Dolphin Encounter" in Freeport allows her to actually swim a bit with the dolphin (like hold on to the fin while it swims in the shallow pool?) The other excursion she wants to do is to horseback ride on the beach, but carnival doesn't seem to have any of these? Since she's doing the dolphin excursion in Freeport, we would like to do the horseback riding in Nassau (Mom wants to just walk around and explore Key West.)

Also, since we would be in two different staterooms (DH and I in an OV and my parents in a Balcony) is it possible for us to be seated together at dinner? I haven't actually booked yet, but will be in a few weeks. Any advice/help is appreciated. :D

Hi Tkane!

The Ecstasy has been and is currently sailing out of Galveston, TX. Her stops currently are Progreso and Cozumel, Mexico. She will go to dry-dock this fall and then start sailing out of Orlando. I think when that happens, she will stop in the ports you mentioned. At some point either before dry-dock or after she will have a few sailings out of New Orleans.

Since these questions are more port related rather than ship related, you might try titling the question asking about the ports. For example, "What excursions should I do in Freeport and Nassau?"

Does that make sense? I think you would get a better response.

I just got back from the Ecstasy on Thursday! The service was fantastic. She is a beautiful ship! Have a great trip!

Archived