Zaandam Questions

Andersoncd

There are no ATM's on HAL ships, but the front desk will cash a traveler's check. There are many ATM's in ports, especially in the Caribbean.

Men can wear dark suits and ties on formal nights.

The Zaandam is a beautiful spotless ship. We were last on her this January for 11 days right before she went into drydock for SOE upgrades.

The entertainment, is at best, mediocre. HAL just doesn't do this well. They make up for it in other ways, like top notch service and accomodations.

We had our first real suite on the Zaandam and it was wonderful. We're spoiled for life. We had to book one on the Maasdam this summer.

If you've been on other HAL "S" class ships, the layout is the same. Very easy to navigate, and Zaandam does have midship elevators and stairs, so technically like the Volendam, her sister, and the Rotterdam and Amsterdam she is an "R" class ship.

GN

Boarding.jpg.857c3ebce667e6097da5d98ba2c0afee.jpg

Just got off the Zaandam this morning. We saw very few tux on formal night mostly dark suits or sport jackets. We enjoyed the entertainment. There is a good variety of shows. We really liked the ventriloquist and the magician. Most people liked the impressionest singer. A lot depends on your personal taste. The cast of the Zaandam put on two very lively shows. Each show lasts about 45 min to an hour.

We were also on the Zaandam 2/26, the bedding is wonderful could not be better. I thought the shows we OK with the very young staff doing a fine job. The magician wasn't my favorite and the singer reminded me of Wayne Newton. I saw very few tux's and a lot of dark suits. We were at a large table of 10 and had the best servers. I gave them A+. They do have a piano and string trio that are very good and don't miss out on the table of chocolate candy while listening to them.

Archived