Social Host?! what do they do??

Hello All,

I am hoping someone here as a little insight as to what exactly the social host does. We tried to book the DJ but he was unavailable for the time frame that we wanted. I really just want them to introduce the wedding party as well as the first dance. I am not sure if they do that or if they are just pressing play for the music.

Also, ipod vs burn CD?? Which one is better for the reception?

Thanks Ladies!

The social host announces you guys for the first time and than just plays the music that you provide. You would need to bring a burned cd for it to be played on their stereo system. However make sure it is a burned cd on a cd not a dvd cd, or it will not play (learned the hard way) if that makes sense. If you want to have a first dance our wedding coordinator came and got us when it was time to do that and the social host played the correct song for the dance.

My daughter is getting married on the Valor in Sept and the DJ was booked already so I asked our coordinator and this is what she replied to me.

If you decide to hire the Entertainment Host you will have to bring your reception music on a burnt CD and he will play it for you as well as make announcements throughout the reception for you. If you will like to bring your music on an IPod or MP3 Player you will have to hire the Entertainment Technician and he will play that for you as well during your reception, however, he will not make any announcements for you but only provide a microphone

That's weird because I was just married in May and our social host most certainly did announce us as we walked in and announced our first dance. After rereading your post jjwelsh I see there are two different entertainment options sorry, but I know the host does make announcements and such.

That's weird because I was just married in May and our social host most certainly did announce us as we walked in and announced our first dance. After rereading your post jjwelsh I see there are two different entertainment options sorry, but I know the host does make announcements and such.

No you were right the "Host" will play your music and make announcments the "Tech" will only play music and provide you with a microphone.

Archived