How well does the soda package work?

steve4031

I'm flying to copehagen on 6/20, and at last minute decided to consider the soda package. Is it easy to get waited on? How does the fountain soda taste? Flat? Or just right? Can I get served in the various dining areas?

Thanks.

How much is the card? How much are individual drinks wo card?

cost is $6.25 a day plus 15% gratuity and the soda card must be purchased for the whole cruise..$50 and some change....buy your card the first day

its normally i believe $2.25 plus gratuity, so if you drink more than 3 sodas the card is the way to go unless you want to bring your own soda on board, as i posted earlier i do both!

How would it work for kids? What would you recommend?

I drink lots of soda at home. Not so much on cruises. I got the stickers twice but did not think it was worth it. Without the sticker I have never ever been served fountain soda. I always get the can.

I would never NOT do the soda package. The value is excellent and I've never had trouble at all getting served on two NCL cruises. In fact, in my experience servers are very quick with refills if you are in the MDR or sitting at a bar. (They also push the bar snacks!) The taste of the soda is exactly the same. I will also warn you that on the Pearl, they will charge you if the soda is from a can regardless if you have the soda sticker.

One minor complaint: NCL advertises Diet Sierra Mist in their promotional materials, and it was available on the Pride of America. They didn't have it on the Pearl, though. Just being limited to Diet Pepsi was kind of a bummer.

"I will also warn you that on the Pearl, they will charge you if the soda is from a can regardless if you have the soda sticker."

We are on the PEARL this Sunday. So you are saying no cans if we get the card? I think we will just bring a case on board.

Archived