Questions about Grand Cayman Sightseeing

luvtravel88

Hi All!

Hubby and I will be on the Island Princess in November doing the 10 day Panama Canal cruise. There is a stop at Grand Cayman. We have been there once before and spent our time doing Stingray City.

We are intersted in going to the Turtle Farm and seeing the small town of Hell and then going to Seagrape.

Are the Turtle Farm and Hell near each other?

We were considering hiring a taxi off the pier to take us to those two places and then drop us off at Seagrape. Would a taxi driver do this and wait for us while we're in the Turtle Farm?

My understanding from other threads that's it's easy to pick up a bus at Seagrape to get back to the pier. Is this still the case?

Thanks for your insights!

Hell is just for the sake of beeing able to say that you went to hell and came back!

the site is about the size of my backyard and is just an austere rock formation. The many postcards I mailed from the onsite post office ( I had written them in advance) got a freshly inked post so il was hard to see the H in Hell ( I saw some I sent to friends ), so they didn't get the joke.

but... I can say that I've been to hell and got back...

Hell and the Turtle Farm are about a kilometer (0.6 mile) apart in the western part of the West Bay sector and that area is about 11 kilometers (seven miles) due north of Gerogetown harbor. Seagrape is just south of these two attractions and is part of the West Bay public beach. I can't comment on the bus since it has been a few years since we visited here and we had a jeep when we stayed on this island. You should be able to get taxi tour that ends at Seagrape beach and be able to get another taxi, which are shuttles or group taxis, back to the harbor if a bus is not available.

Hell is just for the sake of beeing able to say that you went to hell and came back!

the site is about the size of my backyard and is just an austere rock formation. The many postcards I mailed from the onsite post office ( I had written them in advance) got a freshly inked post so il was hard to see the H in Hell ( I saw some I sent to friends ), so they didn't get the joke.

but... I can say that I've been to hell and got back...

We saw the coral formation as well and sent postcards from Hell. We also took pictures of the church just up the road from Hell. Also got a "Been to Hell and Back" tee shirt. What a hoot...

Did the postcard send at Hell and got the t-shirt, which is a fun souvenior. Did the turtle farm, but didn't really want to spend alot of time there since we didn't have small children. We did the semi-submergible once, which was fun since we don't scuba dive. 7-mile beach is very nice and they have some great restaurants in Grand Cayman. It's one of our favorite islands, especially since we feel VERY safe there.

Archived