Price drop in airfare!

remydiva

I got a call from Princess saying my booked air flights for an upcoming Panama cruise needed to be changed.

The original flight from FLL was 12:35 pm but AA changed it to 10:10 am which is too early by Princess guidelines (10:30 am is the earliest). So I needed to find new flights. :eek:

You never hear of THIS happening but my new flight is actually

$75 LESS...yeah! That's the good news. :)

Bad news is that it doesn't leave till 5pm from FLL but I guess that gives us a chance to book an everglades tour rather than sit outside FLL with our baggage. :cool:

I got a call from Princess saying my booked air flights for an upcoming Panama cruise needed to be changed.

The original flight from FLL was 12:35 pm but AA changed it to 10:10 am which is too early by Princess guidelines (10:30 am is the earliest). So I needed to find new flights. :eek:

Bad news is that it doesn't leave till 5pm from FLL but I guess that gives us a chance to book an everglades tour rather than sit outside FLL with our baggage. :cool:

FWIW, you would have had no trouble making at 10:10 flight, but I suppose it's too late now to change it back? Princess guidelines account for their bus, but of course you wouldn't be taking their transfer bus anyway. Or would you?

I have found that if your airline changes your flight you can typically tell them it is not acceptable and change it to any flight during that day or within 24hrs.

On my April cruise to Puerto Rico I had booked flights for the day of the cruise and when US Air changed my itinerary I was able to rebook the flight down for the day before which actually cost more but did not cost me anything.

Hi remydiva

Looks like your on the same cruise as us...Come and check out our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1220628

We too had our flights change but to later, looks like we are spending an extra hour, we too are considering an everglades tour.

We were thinking about using Princess's baggage service to check our bags through so we don't have to take them with us will free us up to do what we want!.:cool:

Hi remydiva

Looks like your on the same cruise as us...Come and check out our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1220628

We too had our flights change but to later' date=' looks like we are spending an extra hour, we too are considering an everglades tour.

We were thinking about using Princess's baggage service to check our bags through so we don't have to take them with us will free us up to do what we want!.:cool:[/quote']

thanks I'll check out the roll call.

We too were thinking of the baggage service. Never done the everglades tour so maybe it will be a good thing in the end.

And yes Pia I use the transfer bus just cuz I'm lazy? and it's easy:o. I know that FLL is probably the easiest airport to get to from any cruise pier but it's what I do :).

A 10:10 flight is easily doable from FLL. We have made a 9am, a 922am and a 940am MANY MANY times. a saving of $75 would not be worth it to us not to be able to leave until 5pm!

Same here.

We arrived into Ft. Lauderdale in early May and once we were off the ship we were at the airport in 10 minutes using a taxi. It was just so quick but then the lines started for Security and we were glad that we had 2 hours up our sleeve as it took over an hour to go through. Mind you, it was the morning that Bin Laden had been killed.

Jennie

Same here.

I'm not debating that it is doable...I know it likely is...but it wasn't up to me...I booked air through Princess eZ air so it was them that said they wouldn't do it.

Remember also, I am flying FLL to YVR in Canada and technically, they suggest at least 2 hrs ahead of time to clear security for cross border flights, not just the 1 hr for flights within the States.

Again, I know I could have booked my own air but I don't (don't hate me and flame me cuz I use eZAir!).

And the $75 savings wasn't the reason...AA changed the flight time, Princess phd me, rebooked me and the options were:

Flight A leaving at 5pm which happened to be $75 less than the original flight

OR Flight B leaving at 3pm at $200 MORE than the original flight.

I'm was just surprised to find an air fare LESS as I've cancelled two other cruises when the air fare went up and up and UP! :(

Archived