Golden PRINCESS ALASKAN PATTERS **POSTED HERE**

Janet Foster

Thank you so much it is great being able to have an idea of what will be offered on our cruise in September. Yes we are on the last cruise to Alaska on Golden Princess and so looking forward to the cruise and the experience.

We have come a long way for this cruise and I know that Princess will just complete the journey for us.

Cheers

Robyn:)

The only time I was really cold on the cruise was when we were on the Lido Deck as we pulled up towards Margerie Glacier, it was very cold and windy. Once we got to the glacier and the ship stopped moving it was nice, jackets came off and it was really enjoyable.. Then as we were leaving the glacier going towards another glacier (Lamplugh Glacier) it was still really nice. As we departed Glacier Bay, the ships’ second officer was on the loud speaker pointing out whales and sea lions. For our cruise they were mostly on the starboard side of the ship. It was great!

Janet, these Patters have given me great information and made it so much easier to plan. As always, there's so much to do on a ship that it is really nice to know ahead of time what the choices are going to be.

I asked in a separate thread but have had no responses so far so will ask it of you. Is there classical music aboard? At dinner, for instance? The Patter lists a quartet in several places, the first of which is in the PiaZZA during embarkcation. Do you remember what kind of quartet it was?

OMG is there the baked Alaska parade on the last formal night after Ketchikan? I'm hoping we get to skip that by being signed up for Anytime Dining! ha

Janet, I just posted in your review but I wanted to thank you for posting the patters. I am printing them and sending them on to the rest of our group.

You have taken a lot of time and trouble to help the rest of us out. Thank you so very much.

Ruth

DEAR MR. JANET:

:::cupping hands around mouth and shouting:::

JANET IS AN ANGEL !

I hope he heard me...

the neighbors are asking

"who's Janet?!?!"

I love this..... Thanks. I showed Mr. Janet. LOL

Neighbors calling the cops for the loud shouting.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for these. Now I don't have to post a question as to what there is to do if we choose to stay "home" on a port day (two of the four of us use mobility scooters so I think the two Walkers will get off to do a scouting report as to whether or not it's worth the trouble of getting the scooters off-loaded, etc.) It's really a lot of work and they have a low clearance, anyway. The crowded sidewalks are NOT our friend and bus rides are probably out of the question, but we'll see. We leave in four days and there's still of lot of stuff to do. I wish I could have a guarantee of the good weather you recent cruisers have had!

Can't hardly believe that you're a triple crown winner but I can't help but notice the similarity of your member id.

[SIZE=3]Thank you so much for providing copies of the Princess Patters from your recent cruise. [/SIZE][SIZE=3]I doubt there will be any material changes when we take the same cruise on 7/11/11. Though I do have a few questions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Virtually every day has the "Wake Show" and/or "Naturalist Talk" listed on Channel 21 for (I think) extended periods of time. I am assuming that these shows are much shorter and that they are simply looped for the duration, likely changed each day to address the upcoming port. A) am I correct?, B) how long are the typical shows?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.[/SIZE]

In July 2009, what is now called The Wake Show was called The Morning Show with David Cole and then Deputy Cruise Director Ben. The Morning Show was about 30 minutes long and looped continuously during the morning. It was informative and quite funny. David Cole is fantastic as a cruise director and was born to the job!!!

• 1 year later...
My first time on this site ... had to register to get to print the Cruise Packing List ... will likely take the Bahamas Celebration cruise next month; so meanwhile, I'm trying to get as much information as possible so that I at least start preparing mentally for this potential trip! :)

Archived