C220 on Coral Princess?

pablo312

Anyone stay in or near cabin C220 on the Coral Princess? I'd like to book this room for the SB Alaska cruise next June. Was there a lot more movement from the seas in this section of the boat? We've were on a Carnival ship in the forward area, but that was on a lower deck. We noticed more movement than in midships, but it didn't bother us.

I wanted a minisuite with a covered balcony, so it was either Caribe forward or Dolphin aft. I liked the Caribe forward because it is close to the outside viewing area.

Is there not a smallish viewing deck Dolphin aft?

Yes, their are viewing areas fore and aft.

Have not had a room that close to the front on that ship but note that the Coral/Island/Diamond sail in relatively protected waters in Alaska and sail slower than their RT Seattle counterparts due to less distance to cover. You shouldn't worry about the movement.

Stayed in C728 on the coral, which is the aft-most room (awesome balcony!), the weather added some difficulty but wow, we were rocking and rolling the first night, then again, all the outer decks were closed due to headwinds which is not that normal of an occurance. That said, sailing in the very aft will give more motion.

I think you will be fine in C220. I have sailed in the first cabin from the bow and there was a lot of movement, but I have also sailed about 10 cabins back from the bow and did not experience any unusual movement. Since you are about 10 cabins back from the bow, I think this will be a good location and nothing to worry about.

I was in 210, a few years back, no problems, the seas are usually calm in those waters.

Don't wait too long to book!! I saw ten units go within a week for a May sailing, those units are very popular, port side being favored, you will be a lot closer to many usable areas of the ship that you may think.

john

Archived