Intercontintal Doral hotel!!!!

Holey

Dont know if any one can help me...

flying with b.a. to Miami. We are being put up in the intercontintal Doral hotel West Miami. How far away is it from Ft Lauderdale cruise port?

Also its our first cruise with Princess, do they supply transport from the hotel to the cruiseport? Would it be worth our while getting a taxi a little earlier? Hope someone can help. thanks

:confused:

Hi,

I assume from what you have written that you are doing the package with Princess, if so, this should include transfers. We have done this twice, and I guess its the same hotel they use (don't think it was called the Doral but it was the Intercontinental Miami). If memory serves me right, it was about half an hour bus ride to the cruise terminal. We were picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel and again the following day to take us to the cruise port.

They provide a bus / coach from the hotel to the cruise, so its all taken care of for you. Nothing wrong with it, unless of course you would prefer to do a taxi by yourselves.

You will probably be advised to leave your luggage in your room in the hotel for collection on departure day (as I am aware of some folks who have previously said that their luggage went missing when put outside the hotel door for collection). Make sure that you attach your baggage labels (with your cabin number on) before your luggage is collected, but I would do this in Miami and not before you leave the UK, just in case they go missing during the flight.

I hope that you have a great cruise.

Dont know if any one can help me...

flying with b.a. to Miami. We are being put up in the intercontintal Doral hotel West Miami. How far away is it from Ft Lauderdale cruise port?

Also its our first cruise with Princess, do they supply transport from the hotel to the cruiseport? Would it be worth our while getting a taxi a little earlier? Hope someone can help. thanks

:confused:

Beautiful hotel, but in the a** end of nowhere. If you bought the hotel package from Princess, then they take you there and also transport you to the ship. This hotel is not very close to the port. I would guess 30+ miles, so it would not be worthwhile taking a taxi.

Archived