Eurodam cabanas

dvg1027

OVgirl, thank you for your reply.

If we do not have a balcony we thought we might get a cabana instead.

Hi English_In_Spain! I remember you from our transatlantic on the Noordam!

I would never make the trade you are considering here-- I am not sure cabanas cost much less than balconies (at least not from OV to Balcony) and from my POV, offer far less: Very limited hours, not able to go in your bathrobe, much farther from cabin, etc.

Edited by DeirdreTours

Hi English_In_Spain! I remember you from our transatlantic on the Noordam!

I would never make the trade you are considering here-- I am not sure cabanas cost much less than balconies (at least not from OV to Balcony) and from my POV, offer far less: Very limited hours, not able to go in your bathrobe, much farther from cabin, etc.

Hi Deirdre. Yes, I remember you and the family from the Noordam.

We are just looking at different options at the moment. We will probably end up with an SY as before but they are quite expensive on the cruise we are looking at.

• 5 years later...
We rented a lido cabana on the Eurodam and would not do so again. The furnishings were fine-- a daybed type lounger for two, two chairs and a table.

The worst part was that there was a speaker on ceiling that blared music for the entire day. I complained and it was turned down a bit, but I fail to see how one could enjoy the ipod music if other music is playing in the cabana. The service was ok- nothing special. I am not fond of cheap champagne, and the fruit offerings were also available in the lido. The big plus was having a guaranteed lounger in the pool area.

Verandas, OTOH, are wonderful-- we spend far more time on the veranda than we would ever spend in the cabana. So, if you have a veranda, I would not spring for the cabana.

Do you recall the number or name or at least exact locationof your cabana, so we can avoid it with that speaker?

Do you recall the number or name or at least exact locationof your cabana, so we can avoid it with that speaker?

You are asking a question of someone who cruised on the Eurodam at least 5.5 years ago. It's entirely possible that the speakers have been moved or even taken out.

I'll just say I'm glad I didn't waste my money on the Lido cabanas. There are people (like me) walking around them all...the...time. How relaxing could that be?

We were in a Lido Cabana recently on the Neiuw Amsterdam. It was the best extra money we ever spent on a cruise. There are speakers all around the pool area. We certainly did not find them to be loud. A few times a day we would hear the music that was generally heard in the whole pool area. We loved the extra space it gave us and the cabana steward was very attentive, providing snacks and champagne every afternoon. We would have our breakfast there every morning as well.