Fascination Destinations? Key West & Nassau

Csnorrco

We are leaving in 12 days on the Fascination and I couldn't be more excited! I haven't been on a cruise since 1985 and my hubby and kids have NEVER been on one! I can't wait to share the experience with them. We were very limited as to which cruise to take because of hubby's work schedule. I was hoping to go to Southern Carribean (where I've been before)...but we could only get Key West and Nassau. Hubby and I have been to Paradise Island before for a weekend (which he LOVED) but hubby is NOT thrilled about cruising! I think he would like it better if we had more land time in different ports---What are you're suggestions to make this the BEST trip ever for him? I'm afraid that if he doesn't like it----we will NEVER cruise again!!! (And I want to...)

Splurge in Nassau and book the Atlantis water park and aquarium package. They are AMAZiNG. Your kids will have a blast for sure. The "ruins" of Atlantis are well worth the splurge. Be aware though, Atlantis is expensive. Lunch sandwiches and a soda can run you $20 each person.

Key West is a cute little island with tons of places to explore. I suggest Old Town Trolley. 15 stops that you can get on and off at your pleasure. The Hemingway House and the Sourhern Most Point are probably the most well known of the sights in Key West. Real Key Lime pie is also a must:D

Check the ports board for other ideas and have a great cruise!

I am not a fan of Nassau so I will leave that port alone but Key West. We just got off the Imagination where we arrived a KW at 7AM. We got off the ship as soon as we could armed with our camera and walked to the southern most point (about a 1 1/4 mile). Got there before the crowds and got great pics. Then...myself and DW decided to hit the Butterfly Conservatory only a block from SMP. That was an awesome place to visit for a half hour or so. I actually could have stayed there longer but wanted to get back into town. Walked down Duval Street stopping at Margaritaville and some of the shops. Had a great lunch at Sloppy Joe's then back to the ship! Made for a great day, low key. We would do that again in a hear beat. Only problem was there were so many photo ops that by the time we finished at SMP my battery was dead and I didn't have a backup! Bought two backups for the August cruise last night!

Archived