Time to kill in NOLA - place to store luggage?

hihosilvers

We are a family of five who will be disembarking the Carnival Triumph on September 1. I estimate we'll be off the ship with bags in hand by around 9am. Our flight is the same day, but not until 3:40pm. Is there anything we can do with our luggage before our flight? We'd like to use the time to see some more of the city, and there's no way we can lug our bags around. We'd also like to avoid sitting around the airport for six hours. Any ideas?

We are a family of five who will be disembarking the Carnival Triumph on September 1. I estimate we'll be off the ship with bags in hand by around 9am. Our flight is the same day, but not until 3:40pm. Is there anything we can do with our luggage before our flight? We'd like to use the time to see some more of the city, and there's no way we can lug our bags around. We'd also like to avoid sitting around the airport for six hours. Any ideas?

As you leave the terminal, directly outside, there is a company that will take care of your luggage - all the way to the airport. I think this company has city tours too, but not sure.

After that take a cab to the quarter, or wherever you desire, and spend time there. From the quarter to the airport should take about 30 mins. on a weekday.

As you leave the terminal, directly outside, there is a company that will take care of your luggage - all the way to the airport. I think this company has city tours too, but not sure.

After that take a cab to the quarter, or wherever you desire, and spend time there. From the quarter to the airport should take about 30 mins. on a weekday.

Does anyone know the name of that company - or any other info?

There is a company that does this - I just saw info on it in another thread last week, but I cannot find it today. It may in this section or in the New Orleans section. If I come across it, I will post again. I think it was $25 for 4 bags, but they bring them to the airport for you.

Just found the link through google: http://www.advancecheckin.com/

Does your ship offer a luggage express? I have never used it but my understanding is... you leave your bags out the night before as you normally do then you dont see them again until you get off the airplane at home. I dont remember the price but might be nice and would save a bit of time picking them up and dropping them off at a another location.

We just got off the Triumph and were a family of 5 we stayed the the Marriott Spring Hill Suites (great AAA rate for 5) they let us come back after we got off the ship and held our luggage so we could walk around for a few hours,our flight was at 3:45 also. Just call the hotel your staying at and ask them.We had the cab that took us from the pier come and pick us up for the airport. It worked great!

Archived