Charms

MrsZee

Awesome. Should I be looking for the high end jewelry stores (like Diamonds International, etc)? My husband just gave me a Pandora this year and the souvenir thread got me thinking about how special a charm from our cruise would be.

I actually started my set in Caymen. Bought the bracelet clasp and first bead. It wasnt a "high end" store like diamond international.. But- they had a huge sign in the window that said Troll Beads. And after that, I noticed the places that sold troll and pandora, had advertisements in the windows so you knew.:)

I actually think they are exactly the same... Kinda how Apple products prices dont change from place to place... They show you the price in the book- thats what they sell them for... So- they show you they arent marked up...

The cool thing is- all of trolls beads have names and meanings... so the first bead I bought was the Caribbean bead. So now when I look at it, I know it was my cruise bead :)

I looked up Troll beads online and some of them are really awesome. There was one called "Treasures" and it was 3 or 4 different kinds of seashells wrapped around the bead and the meaning was "treasures you find walking on a sunny beach". Kind of perfect to get on a cruise.

I got a pandora bracelet on one of our cruises. It is fun to look for charms on the different islands. I got a cruise ship in St Kitts and in St Maarten we found one that said St Maarten. Different beads will fit your pandora bracelet so don't limit yourself to just pandora!

I like the older version of charm bracelets and would like to start a cruise collection. Couple questions. Do the ships have that type of chain at their "by the inch" sales? Also, do they and the ports have those types of charms?

I got a pandora bracelet on one of our cruises. It is fun to look for charms on the different islands. I got a cruise ship in St Kitts and in St Maarten we found one that said St Maarten. Different beads will fit your pandora bracelet so don't limit yourself to just pandora!

I agree! I have pandora beads and troll beads on my troll bracelet. I need a cruise ship bead! Who makes that one?

I like the older version of charm bracelets and would like to start a cruise collection. Couple questions. Do the ships have that type of chain at their "by the inch" sales? Also, do they and the ports have those types of charms?

My girls have the traditional charm bracelets and they got charms for them in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. There were plenty to choose from. We leave next week for the Eastern Caribbean and I hope that we will find some new ones there as well. Sorry but I can't answer your other question about the by-the-inch sales.

if looking to use the charms- I would not get that dollar an inch crap. These bracelets when loaded can get quite heavy

Archived