Mariner of the Seas double booked?

Mariner of the Seas departs from Rome on July 22 for a 7 night cruise.

On July 23 it departs from Genoa for another 7 nights cruise.

So apparently it picks up a new set of passengers on the second day. Is this new? I've never seen them do that before.

I wonder how that affects the cruise in review DVD, cruise compass, and muster drill and all that.

Mariner of the Seas departs from Rome on July 22 for a 7 night cruise.

On July 23 it departs from Genoa for another 7 nights cruise.

So apparently it picks up a new set of passengers on the second day. Is this new? I've never seen them do that before.

I wonder how that affects the cruise in review DVD, cruise compass, and muster drill and all that.

It is called InterPorting. They are doing it a lot in Europe. Those that get on in Rome get off in Rome and those that get on in Genoa get off in Genoa the next time round! It is meant to encourage Europeans in the various countries (Italy and Spain) to try cruising from a port that is more local to them. So those in northern Italy can get on in Genoa instead of having to travel down to Rome.

If you read that other thread you will see that the people who board at the second port (in the case you mention Genoa) lose out on many things. They are being treated as 'second class' and miss out on a lot.

RCI are doing this but not telling passengers, at the time of booking, that they are not on the 'actual' cruise - their description.

If you are thinking of joining such a cruise at the second port, I would advise that you enquire what effects it will have on your cruise. I warn you that they will not necessarily tell you the truth. I was given all sorts of stories such as ‘that is fully booked’ or ‘it is because of Spanish tax’ etc. When I pursued the matter I was told that we are joining the ship in the middle of a cruise.

Archived