Need Snorkeling advice in Curacao!

kidnk9

I need help finding the best way and best place to snorkle in Curacao. Are there any companies that have really good 1/2 day snorkeling trips? I have read here on the boards but don't seem to be finding much information. I want an excellent experience, not just a mediocre time. DD wants to snorkle and would like to see awesome fish and possibly some turtles. Hoping someone can guide me. I have been to Curacao 2 other times but did not snorkle. I apologize for the last minute post. We set sail this Sunday. Thanks!

Karyn

Shoot an email to Dive Bus and tell them you're coming. We were just there in March and had the best time. There is no boat involved. We snorkeled along a wall and it was some of the best we have ever had. We followed a school of 100 or so blue tangs for 20 minutes. Lots of parrot fish, angel fish and of course sergeant majors. We loved it. If you go ask Eric to see his coin. If he doesn't have it, he owes you a drink.

We loved going there and can't wait to snorkel there again.

Sherry

Shoot an email to Dive Bus and tell them you're coming. We were just there in March and had the best time. There is no boat involved. We snorkeled along a wall and it was some of the best we have ever had. We followed a school of 100 or so blue tangs for 20 minutes. Lots of parrot fish, angel fish and of course sergeant majors. We loved it. If you go ask Eric to see his coin. If he doesn't have it, he owes you a drink.

Sherry

Thank you so much for your input! I will definitely give this some thought. I place alot of trust in the advice found here on these boards. I wanted to make sure we went with an operation that would provde us with good snorkling. The last time we snorkled in Belize, it was horrible (saw very little). We have had good experiences in Aruba in the past but wanted to try a different location this time. Thank you so much for your advice!

Karyn

I need help finding the best way and best place to snorkle in Curacao. Are there any companies that have really good 1/2 day snorkeling trips? I have read here on the boards but don't seem to be finding much information. I want an excellent experience, not just a mediocre time. DD wants to snorkle and would like to see awesome fish and possibly some turtles. Hoping someone can guide me. I have been to Curacao 2 other times but did not snorkle. I apologize for the last minute post. We set sail this Sunday. Thanks!

Karyn

what day will you be in Curacao. I will be there for 8 days and I will be staying at The Dive Bus. !! Maybe we will run into each other while you are there. I will be there from July 5th to 13th. Cannot wait ... by far, my favorite people on the island are Mark and Suzy. :)

Sherry

Do they rent equipment? We will not be bringing our snorkel gear since we are flying to San Juan.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much for your input! I will definitely give this some thought. I place alot of trust in the advice found here on these boards. I wanted to make sure we went with an operation that would provde us with good snorkling. The last time we snorkled in Belize, it was horrible (saw very little). We have had good experiences in Aruba in the past but wanted to try a different location this time. Thank you so much for your advice!

Karyn

So....did you go? What did you do? How was it? We'll be in Curacao in a month and would like your input on your snorkeling experience.

Gina

So....did you go? What did you do? How was it? We'll be in Curacao in a month and would like your input on your snorkeling experience.

Gina

Unfortunately we did not go due to the weather. The week we sailed, the weather did not cooperate well. We did not leave the ship until late morning due to rain and did not want to get hung up trying to get back to the ship late. I have read nothing but great reviews regarding the Dive Bus. They were great regarding responses to my emails, etc. Communication was fabulous and speedy! I have been told that snorkling in Curacao is fabulous! Enjoy your trip!

Karyn

• 3 weeks later...

We usually go to Porto Mari to snorkel. There are good areas close to shore and out over deeper reefs there. Here is a link to photos from our most recent trip. In the description at the top of my photo gallery there are links to photos from 2 prior trips as well:

Curacao - Beach day at Playa Porto Mari

We usually go to Porto Mari to snorkel. There are good areas close to shore and out over deeper reefs there.

Do you have a rough estimate for the cost and time of a taxi there from the docks? We'll have half a day or so off the Crown Princess and I really would like to beach snorkel in not too deep water - it's been a few years and I need to get my "flipper groove" working again. I'll be bringing my own gear.

Thanks!

Do you have a rough estimate for the cost and time of a taxi there from the docks? We'll have half a day or so off the Crown Princess and I really would like to beach snorkel in not too deep water - it's been a few years and I need to get my "flipper groove" working again. I'll be bringing my own gear.

Thanks!

Taxi is $10/pp each way trip, and I think there is a $40/cab each way minimum. Usually the driver sets a pick up time and collects the round trip fare when he returns us to the ship.

I don't' remember the exact length of the trip but I'd guess about 20 minutes.

Archived