Falmouth Jamaica

cruiselover10

We are about to book the Allure of the Seas for February, 2012. We were aboard the Allure of the Seas last March doing Eastern Caribbean and I have only one word (if that is possible to describe the Allure) and that is AMAZING. The Allure is so amazing that we have to go back on it to do all of the things we didn't have time to do when we were on it in March. My question is Allure stops in Falmouth Jamaica. We have been to Ocho Rios and Montego Bay, liked neither of them, and wondered if Falmouth is the same as those two or should we just stay on board when we arrive at that port. Thanks for any info I can get on this. I also agree that the Allure/Oasis should have their own posts. There are so many questions on those two ships and you have to filter through all RCCL ships to find them.

We were in Falmouth on FOS the second week it was open. I assume there is still construction going on there now. Here is my original post with pics and video. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1369927

I would get off the ship after the mad rush, walk around INSIDE the gated compound for an hour or so and then get back on the ship. Neat to see but notheing overly special. Some good food choices, cheap Red Stripe beer and the normal Jamaica purchases.

As for taking excursions out of Falmouth, like you stated, you did not like Mo Bay or Ocho Rios. You wouln't like Falmouth either.

Be safe!!

We just came back on FOS last week and stopped at Falmouth Jamaica. Site still under construction, some shops and local food vendors. Good for a quick tour and walk-about. Nothing much to see at the pier (within gated area). Agree with mmn531, if you didn't like Montego Bay and Ocho Rios, stay on board when you get to Falmouth.

Last week, while on the Allure, we did the shore excursion offered by RCCL - Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort - all inclusive -transport by van, food, drinks, swimming pool, beach, kids activities, beach and pool activities, beach toys, air conditioned lobby and bar for cooling down. Had a great time. Would do it again!

We are about to book the Allure of the Seas for February, 2012. We were aboard the Allure of the Seas last March doing Eastern Caribbean and I have only one word (if that is possible to describe the Allure) and that is AMAZING. The Allure is so amazing that we have to go back on it to do all of the things we didn't have time to do when we were on it in March. My question is Allure stops in Falmouth Jamaica. We have been to Ocho Rios and Montego Bay, liked neither of them, and wondered if Falmouth is the same as those two or should we just stay on board when we arrive at that port. Thanks for any info I can get on this. I also agree that the Allure/Oasis should have their own posts. There are so many questions on those two ships and you have to filter through all RCCL ships to find them.

We were in Falmouth last week. There is not a lot to do in Falmouth. There is a lot to see if you get away from the town itself. Like Ocho Rios and MoBay, there is not a lot to do except shopping. However, Jamaica's countryside is beautiful and very worth seeing. We went on a raft trip with Phillips Country Tours with a group of 14 and most of our group felt like this was the best part of our entire cruise.

I was in Falmouth last week and I found the people there to be friendly and very welcoming. I was not ask about purchasing anything, I felt I could look around at all the merchandise and ask questions. I loved the warm welcome that was given when we arrived (fishermen waving to us - saying WELCOME TO JAMAICA) and when we got off the ship - almost like a carnival, colorful outfits and clowns. The backpack bags that were given to us - I appreciated greatly and have used. I loved listening to the music that was being played by musicians all around the port area.

My advice is just to keep doing what is being done, hopefully the port will be completed soon to make things easier, and keep the area clean.

We will be in Falmouth next week and plan to do some shopping, go to Rose Hall but we aren't interested in the 45 min-1 hour ride to go to OR or MoBay. It's not worth the time to spend 2 hours traveling to get to an excursion if we can avoid it. Maybe I'll find a great purchase and have a cheap beer (or 2 ?..)

We will be in Falmouth next week and plan to do some shopping, go to Rose Hall but we aren't interested in the 45 min-1 hour ride to go to OR or MoBay. It's not worth the time to spend 2 hours traveling to get to an excursion if we can avoid it. Maybe I'll find a great purchase and have a cheap beer (or 2 ?..)

hi,griffy116 glad you are coming to my town ,rosehall is about a 30 min. drive from the dock.if you love history and culture stay in falmouth and you can surely get cheap red stripe beer.

hi,griffy116 glad you are coming to my town ,rosehall is about a 30 min. drive from the dock.if you love history and culture stay in falmouth and you can surely get cheap red stripe beer.

Bargain Bay,

We will be sailing on the Oasis on July 9, with a stop in Falmouth. DH and I love history. We would love some insight as to what to look for. We are anxious to see your new port.

Thanks,

Bargain Bay,

We will be sailing on the Oasis on July 9, with a stop in Falmouth. DH and I love history. We would love some insight as to what to look for. We are anxious to see your new port.

Thanks,

hi, sleepless pick up a map on board and just walk at your own pace to the historic sites.feel free to stop and say hi i am at the albert george shopping and historical centre.

What is the name of this beach you speak of & do they have restaurants,bars,restrooms,toys etc.?:confused:

hi, sea hunters its the burwood beach ,i will get more details and keep you posted as the facts are what is important.

We were in Falmouth last week. There is not a lot to do in Falmouth. There is a lot to see if you get away from the town itself. Like Ocho Rios and MoBay, there is not a lot to do except shopping. However, Jamaica's countryside is beautiful and very worth seeing. We went on a raft trip with Phillips Country Tours with a group of 14 and most of our group felt like this was the best part of our entire cruise.

Do you have the email address for Phillips tours??? :D

Do you have the email address for Phillips tours??? :D

Hi. Here it is: phillipjamaicatours@hotmail.com

His web-site is http://www.phillipcountrytours.com if you want to check it out.

It is a good idea to leave him a phone number. He will call you to find out what you might be interested in doing and make suggestions. He tells me it is not very expensive to call the US from Jamaica. I learned it is very expensive to call him back-so let him call you!

It is a good idea to leave him a phone number. He will call you to find out what you might be interested in doing and make suggestions. He tells me it is not very expensive to call the US from Jamaica. I learned it is very expensive to call him back-so let him call you!

Thanks for the advice - I have now sent him an email. :)

Just got an email back from Phillip. He wants $90 per person for this trip. I notice in the RCI trips that this is advertised as £40 = $60.

What do you get for the extra $30. :)

Hi. I looked through the thread, but I didn't see what it is you want to do while you are there. The best thing would be to talk to Phillip and then you can compare what he is suggesting to what the group tour off the ship is going to do.

On our last trip he was within $5 of the cruise price for a raft trip, but he took us to a river that was much less crowded than the Martha Brae was with a bunch of Allure and Carnival people in port, plus he took us on a tour of MoBay, took us for lunch at a favorite place for Jerk on the Hip Strip, and took us to a good place for shopping--almost none of those things were included in the ship's tour.

Hope that helps!

MR.BASEBALL

hi , THE BEACH THAT IS CLOSEST TO THE PORT IS ABOUT A 10MIN DRIVE.

Hi Bargain Bay. We will be in Falmouth in Nov. I would also like info on this beach. Cab fare or can you walk (read everyone says not to leave the gated port area on foot), is there a cost for entrance to this beach? Thank you

Last week, while on the Allure, we did the shore excursion offered by RCCL - Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort - all inclusive -transport by van, food, drinks, swimming pool, beach, kids activities, beach and pool activities, beach toys, air conditioned lobby and bar for cooling down. Had a great time. Would do it again!

May I ask the price per person for this tour?

Archived