You Can Check Luggage At Miami Port!!

I just got back from Voyager this morning. Several people told me that the American Airlines counter at the Port was closed and I wouldn't be able to check luggage at the Port for the return flight. Fortunately, the AA counter was open and it was so convenient to check our luggage at the Port and spend a few carefree hours in Miami before flying home. When you get into the Terminal building, the airline check-in looks closed. There are about 8 counters and no one is there. You have to walk through that area, go out the door and into an adjoining building where the check-in is handled so quickly it will make your head spin. The Cruise Compass says that the AA counter is open at 9AM.

I also saw other airlines there. I can recall Delta but no others. I don't know if they have check-in in another adjoining building or with AA.

To make the most of the Port check-in, we took our luggage off the ship with the Travel Lite program so that we could fully pack our suitcases and make our carryons as light as possible. It really wasn't difficult to take our luggage down the elevator to Deck 4 and go right off the ship.

Archived