Stupid question!

rolosmum

What is the wind like in the middle of the sea, say cruising in July in the western med! Is it like a windy day on the beach (and i mean if it has been an average warm day in a port etc).

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but i am trying to gauge the warmth of stuff to pack for my 9 and 12 year old so they can be on deck of an evening and not freeze to death, but dont want to carry heavier or more stuff than needed!

Just take light jackets for everyone. It is very temperate during the day unless you are in a cloudy/rainy day but at night it can get just a little bit chilly but not cold.

Do you know if these are in the cabins automatically or can be asked for if required. Or if they need to be purchased.

I have read so much about this cruise as it is our first time, that i am now confusing myself over what i have read and what i have dreamed.

I think i am also right in reading that they do supply towels for swimming but you have to return them each time or pay something like 20usd, but i could have dreamt that also.

Just trying to get an idea for towel and robe packing!

Not sure if you realize it, but you posted this on a thread about a different topic. You might have intended to start a new thread?

Anyway, to answer your questions, there SHOULD be robes already in the closet in a junior suite on any RC ship. If they are not there when you arrive, just ask your cabin steward and he or she should be able to provide them for you. We have only had a JS once, and the robes were in the closet.

As for towels, they are provided. The charge is only if you lose one, or fail to return it. When you check out a towel, they swipe your seapass card to record that you have it. You can check out as many as you want on a seapass (so, for example, a parent can check out several for his or her children as well as themselves, rather than having the child's seapass). Then over the course of the cruise, you can just trade a wet or dirty towel for a clean one, without reswiping the seapass. At the end of the cruise (by 10 pm the last night, usually), turn in however many towels you have checked out and you'll be good. Make sense?

Have a great cruise!

I would always take a least a light jacket or hoodie for any cruise anywhere, even in summer. You never know what the weather pattern will be like on any given cruise and it can feel coolish at night or when the ship is moving anyway. There's also the possibility of rain.

Unless you are really unlucky, weatherwise, you won't need anything more than something light in the Med in summer.

We're having an extremely cool spring/summer here in Nebr. and jackets are still needed at times!

Archived