Cabo San Lucas/PV ziplining....raining?

Mesmeralda

I am looking at the extended forecast for our upcoming cruise and it looks like there might be a slight chance of rain. We've booked the ziplining through the cruiseship, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience on doing this if it rains? Are the winds strong or should I think about cancelling before my 24 hour deadline?

On average, it only rains 14 days a year in Cabo. I suspect that you're probably pretty sure to have warm sunny weather there in July.

PV...sorry, but I don't know.

What I do know is that PV is a lush tropical area, whereas Cabo is desert.

The ziplines in Cabo are a lot of fun, but you are zipping canyons and desert. In PV you are zipping in a forest.

As I said, both are fun, and if it were me, I would book both, and not worry too much about the weather.

Zipline in Cabo was very very bad. First, the van picks you up but before anyone board, a weight scale is brought out everyone weighs in. Second, the scenery is rather boring. Third, under no circumstances can you take any pics after leaving base camp. They collected all cameras and put them in separate case. I refused to give up my Iphone. The zipline people have there own photographer who takes pictures. At the end of zipline, picture sets are $99.00 to $149.00 and only consist of just you and you alone. BIG RIPOFF!!! Fourth, know how to self brake.

My wife have done many ziplines and Cabo is the least favorite. Actually, Catalina Island is the best we have been on followed by Costa Rica.

Oh one other thing about Cabo. It is NOT an easy zip as you will traverse a rock canyon on rope/cable bridge and one on a swinging rope bridge. Make sure your energy and stamina are high (not for older people 55 +). Finally the team leader made some sexual innuendos that were not appropriate.

We did the zipline May 2011 during a panama canal cuise from Ft. Laud to LA

:)

Zipline in Cabo was very very bad. First, the van picks you up but before anyone board, a weight scale is brought out everyone weighs in. Second, the scenery is rather boring. Third, under no circumstances can you take any pics after leaving base camp. They collected all cameras and put them in separate case. I refused to give up my Iphone. The zipline people have there own photographer who takes pictures. At the end of zipline, picture sets are $99.00 to $149.00 and only consist of just you and you alone. BIG RIPOFF!!! Fourth, know how to self brake.

My wife have done many ziplines and Cabo is the least favorite. Actually, Catalina Island is the best we have been on followed by Costa Rica.

Oh one other thing about Cabo. It is NOT an easy zip as you will traverse a rock canyon on rope/cable bridge and one on a swinging rope bridge. Make sure your energy and stamina are high (not for older people 55 +). Finally the team leader made some sexual innuendos that were not appropriate.

We did the zipline May 2011 during a panama canal cuise from Ft. Laud to LA

:)

yeah I didn't see the thrill going over gorges and such...That's why we chose PV to do it with all the scenery available.

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived