Legend Fun Times: June 12-19, 2011

APDMOM

Spoiler Alert! Don't read further if you don't want to know your schedule on Legend :D

Here are the fun times for Carnival Legend from our cruise. I had the fun times from John Heald's blog, but they were outdated since the ports and entertainment have changed.

Note that the last day is quite different as far as showtimes are concerned, as they had to re-schedule the Big Easy show. They had computer difficulties on the night it was supposed to take place, so the rest of the week's show schedule was impacted.

I hope these stay available for view, since my photobucket account is getting a bit low. If not, they should be available beginning July.

Enjoy!

There you are! All fun and no work :D ... at least for seven days. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post these! So many of my questions have been answered by reading thru your Funtimes! You saved me a bit of research! :p

I had some confusion when I read the "Going Ashore" instructions re: Grand Cayman as we are scheduled to be in port from 7-4 and you were in port later! I'm hoping our early arrival will give us a head start on the other 5 ships due in port that day!!

Thanks again! I think I am becoming an APDMOM "groupie"!!!

Karen

I'm a Groupie too! Thank you, I have been getting excited even more now.....and thanks for hilighting the Fun Farewell...did you go? Was it well attended? I think everyone forgets.....I always go anywhere for FREE BOOZE!

Have a great day!

JW

LOL! Never thought it would turn into a following. I am willing to go on all cruise ships, take all the photos and scan all the dailies if I could just get the funding :D Any takers? JK...

Yes, we did go to the fun farewell. Only about 80 people showed up, but we had fun. They even made my husband a free long island tea upon request!

PS: I love your photo in your signature. They should use that to promote FUNships!

PS: I love your photo in your signature. They should use that to promote FUNships!

Thank you....That is taken from up above our Balcony (on the Spa Deck Level Cabin 12219) from the Serenity Deck on the Carnival Dream. The Spa Deck Balcony's are all open air and are fantastic! Sun all day and stars all night, and if someone is up on Serenity looking down, I just turn around and say "Helloooo! and take my pic....we will be facebook friends forever!" Which is exactly how I got this pic.....wait, here is another of myself and my partner Jerome:

73170_1203822632851_1747193670_360075_5566090_n.jpg

Thanks again, and I see in your signature that You Too sailed the NCL Dawn in March 2009, so did we.....when did you sail?

JW

Thanks again, and I see in your signature that You Too sailed the NCL Dawn in March 2009, so did we.....when did you sail?

JW

That balcony is going on my wish list! :D

I pulled out my sign and sail card from our Dawn cruise to look at the exact date. Would you believe I made a mistake on the date? :rolleyes: My card says we disembarked on 4/11/2009. So, I have to change my signature to April 2009. I guess we were not on the same cruise...

That was also before I discovered CC.

Maybe we will meet on a future roll call - You never know ;)

Thanks for the heads up! Now I just have to wait 2 months! :mad:

I noticed that the cigar smoking changed at the end of these Fun Times. The last night showed it in Satchmo's Lounge instead of the Sports Bar. The change must have taken place on your cruise.

Thanks for the heads up! Now I just have to wait 2 months! :mad:

I noticed that the cigar smoking changed at the end of these Fun Times. The last night showed it in Satchmo's Lounge instead of the Sports Bar. The change must have taken place on your cruise.

Didn't quite notice that since I can't afford smoking :D It is either smoke OR cruise. LOL! Joking aside, you will probably still have similar smoking areas, but on our cruise they informed us that smoking policy fleet wide will change in December to match the policy on Carnival Dream. I'm sure CC members will get right onto that soap box when the change takes place. :rolleyes:

Enjoy planning - wish I had "only" two months to wait...

We're sailing on the Legend August 14th! This is our third year in a row on the same ship, same itinerary! Just love these guys. Thanks for the scans, I didn't think I could get more excited about our cruise, but then I see these scans!

The past 2 years, Jen was our cruise director...looks like she may have rotated off. And last year, we had a great head maitre'd...I want to say his name was Ken...any chance he's still there?

Thanks again!

We're sailing on the Legend August 14th! This is our third year in a row on the same ship, same itinerary! Just love these guys. Thanks for the scans, I didn't think I could get more excited about our cruise, but then I see these scans!

The past 2 years, Jen was our cruise director...looks like she may have rotated off. And last year, we had a great head maitre'd...I want to say his name was Ken...any chance he's still there?

Thanks again!

Glad to help :)

On our cruise the Maitre D' was Andrea. He was more formal than we are used to, but accommodated us in setting us up for early dining, which we were very thankful for.

Wee Jimmy was our cruise director. We really enjoyed his sense of humor!

We are already looking for another last minute deal!

Thanks, APDMOM, for posting these.

Greatly appreciated!! :) :)

....and thanks for hilighting the Fun Farewell...did you go? Was it well attended? I think everyone forgets.....I always go anywhere for FREE BOOZE!

Yes, we did go to the fun farewell. Only about 80 people showed up, but we had fun. They even made my husband a free long island tea upon request!

Although 80 people is still more than I've ever experienced on any of my CCL sailings since the "new and improved" change was made, it's a rather pathetic number . . . but a number that makes the cruise line grin. :(

The information about the Fun Farewell is only mentioned once in a small font on the tear-off section for the very first day's Fun Times, advising that "This will take place on the last sea day".

Passengers occasionally keep the Fun Times for souvenir/reference, but normally throw the tear-off section away at the end of the day. Thankfully APDMOM is not one of those average passengers, and we get to have those posted here :)

On that final sea day (Saturday), the only mention of the Fun Farewell event is on the tear-off section, with no description of the event whatsoever. It's not listed in that day's Top Ten section. Very few passengers have a clue the event is taking place that last sea day.

I am in occasional e-mail contact with a ship's officer, and it's been clearly stated to me that the design of the information is very much planned to be this way. If there is routinely a minimal percentage of the ship's passengers who attend, corporate can soon cancel future offerings as being "unpopular".

EDIT TO ADD . . . Curious to know if, on this sailing, there was any announcement heard on that last sea day about the Fun Farewell celebration. My gut feeling is No.

Curious to know if, on this sailing, there was any announcement heard on that last sea day about the Fun Farewell celebration. My gut feeling is No.

You are correct. No announcement was made, but we told people on the way to the party. This is in fact true of both the fun farewell party on Dream in March and this one on Legend in June. I can definitely see that they are trying to keep it a "SECRET"... Maybe we should start a thread just to announce the Fun Farewell on the boards in BOLD! :D

Archived