Celebrity Milennium question

Forensicmom

I never considered this line before but I found a few that would work for us. Can anyone tell me if they are as family friendly as RC, Norwegian or Carnival?

My kids aren't really interested in kids club (even though I keep trying to convince them they would have fun). They all keep saying that they just want to spend time with us as a family. Guess I can't complain about that.

We want a nice relaxing trip.

The Millennium kids club is wonderful. We were on the ship in April and our 9 year old DD had a fantastic time. Celebrity is more adult oriented than lines like Disney, but it doesn't mean a family can't enjoy it. Celebrity is one of our favorite cruise lines and we all enjoy it in our own way. I can't say enough good things about the Millennium.

I'm not sure what the OP means by "family friendly." I agree with Scrapchick that Celebrity has an excellent kids' program. But the OP has said that the OP's kids won't use it. So I'm not sure what is meant by the question. As long as the OP and the kids realize that there are no waterslides, rock climbing walls, skating rinks, etc., then I think everything will be fine.

OP, how old are your kids and what is the itinerary?

Jungle Jane raises a very good point and I may have answered too fast... There aren't any rock walls, ice rinks etc etc on Celebrity. It's upscale, classy and great on their ships. They are family friendly in the sense they are welcoming of all ages and have kids menus etc, but other than the Fun Factory which is specifically aimed at kids, everything else on the ship is designed for adults. This is not to say kids won't enjoy it too, but it does depend on your kids... My DD is almost 10 and the thought of just hanging around with us all the time would not appeal to her at all. She wants to be where the age appropriate activities are and making friends with kids her age.

Jungle Jane's point is excellent. You need to look at how old your kids are and what they enjoy doing, and find out what they are expecting a cruise to be like if they don't want to utilize the kids club.

Archived