Tanzanite in St. Thomas -

Cruzan Along

Finally, FINALLY getting back on a cruise, and back to St. Thomas after many years!! For a while there, I was building quite a nice Tanzanite collection. Now I want to find another special piece.

Any recommendations for a small family type jeweler in ST. Thomas? Are the vendors still open to some bargaining? Like I said, it's been about 8 years...

Thanks for any input you can give me!

Christine

yes, you can barter a bit...basically i tell them..."listen, im gonna buy something today, whether its from you or the guy next door, so gimme your best price and dont waste your or my time." they usually look at you and smile and i smile back and tell them, im serious. I know it sounds cold, but I dont want to look at 10 different stores for jewelry...my wife does, but i dont...:p BUT if you find something you really like, maybe they otehr stores wont have it, so if you find something you really like try and work a deal. even if the price is good, say....well maybe we will come back and they may lower it again. if not, leave and go back in 15 mins:rolleyes:

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Good experiences at Ballerina Jewelers on the main street. Visit there every time we go to the island. Came recommended to me by a prior boss where I worked. She and her family owned a condo there and always used them. Jewelery still being worn after many years.....good quality

Archived