OBC applied to under 18s

nerysj

We are a family of 4 ......2 adults and 2 teenagers...one 18yr old and one 17 yr old. I have been able to book 3 Princess tours in all our names, except the 17 year old's name. Does this mean that his portion of the OBC ($200) is credited to the Credit card account holder?...or do we still need to use his sea pass for purchased items on board in order to use up the OBC?

Thanks

You can book the 17 year olds tour under your name if you would like, to make sure he gets on the tour and it doesn't sell out before you board.

Keep in mind, out of the $200 on his shipboard account (not sure where that credit actually came from), his 'hotel charge' (tips) will also be deducted from that amount.

You can book the 17 year olds tour under your name if you would like, to make sure he gets on the tour and it doesn't sell out before you board.

Keep in mind, out of the $200 on his shipboard account (not sure where that credit actually came from), his 'hotel charge' (tips) will also be deducted from that amount.

I have booked him on all the tours...but I was spreading them out to everybody in order to make sure that we didn't lose our OBC as 'unused' credit.

If a minor's OBC is unused....will it be applied to the total bill at the end of the cruise as credit?

I have booked him on all the tours...but I was spreading them out to everybody in order to make sure that we didn't lose our OBC as 'unused' credit.

If a minor's OBC is unused....will it be applied to the total bill at the end of the cruise as credit?

We have seen it happen both ways where each persons credit must be used or lost. We have also seen them combine the accounts. I know that doesn't make any sense, but it has happened to us recently. It was very confusing for us when we were told they would be combined as long as they were charged to the same credit card in the end. I charged everything to my shipboard account, and they let my hubbys credit disappear (over $350 in credit not used and lost) where they charged our credit card for all that we spent on mine and didn't deduct his credit. I had a real battle when I got home fighting over this with Prinecss, and I finally won. I would check with the customer service desk on your sailing, and if they don't combine the accounts, you can have your son's excursion transferred from your shipboard account over to his to use up the rest of his credit. ;)

I traveled with my 8 year old once and the accounts were combined. Not only did we have a hard time using all that OBC, but they PAID me to get off the ship in cash the unused OBC that was left over.

I traveled with my 8 year old once and the accounts were combined. Not only did we have a hard time using all that OBC, but they PAID me to get off the ship in cash the unused OBC that was left over.
That works out great if the credits you have are refundable credits, but many of them are not. Stockholder credit, Military credit, FCC credit, as well as others are non-refundable, they are use it or loose it credits. They will not refund all or part of them when they are not spent onboard. ;)

About five years ago, we each had a $100 OBC (including our 8-yr-old). So I called and asked what we can apply this money too, and was told the tips, excursions, etc. As this was a 15-day cruise, the autotips alone per person took care of our OBCs, so eventually they were used either for that or for our excursions. It didn't matter to us as long as we didn't lose them.

That works out great if the credits you have are refundable credits, but many of them are not. Stockholder credit, Military credit, FCC credit, as well as others are non-refundable, they are use it or loose it credits. They will not refund all or part of them when they are not spent onboard. ;)

this is what I thought as well but the same thing happened to us & kind of irritated me-- we thought we had spent all of our OBC and had checked our end of cruise statement but come to find out they had double charged something & princess found the error. We were disembarking our cruise & my card would not let me exit-- noted I had to go to Passenger Service Desk. The rest of the family was already ahead of me- i couldnt get off the ship and had to go back to the front desk & get by ? $27 refund (which was a stockholder OBC). We bought a few gifts in the gift shop & all the rest of the stockholder credit was used paying tips

this is what I thought as well but the same thing happened to us & kind of irritated me-- we thought we had spent all of our OBC and had checked our end of cruise statement but come to find out they had double charged something & princess found the error. We were disembarking our cruise & my card would not let me exit-- noted I had to go to Passenger Service Desk. The rest of the family was already ahead of me- i couldnt get off the ship and had to go back to the front desk & get by ? $27 refund (which was a stockholder OBC). We bought a few gifts in the gift shop & all the rest of the stockholder credit was used paying tips

Actually, consider yourself lucky. As those credits have always been non-refundable for us. Congrats, you paid for lunch for one at the airport with your refund :D, they just let any of those unused credits from our stockholder credit go into cyberspace.

Archived