Question: Ship time in St. Maarten

huskerdan25

We went to the eastern caribbean a few years ago in the Caribbean Princess and are going back this January on the Ruby. According to the itinerary, we will be in St. Maarten from 10am - 6pm. I seem to remember that the ship time was different from the local time. We are set to take a private excursion with Wakawa to Pinel Island and the ticket says we will get picked up at 10am local. Will we be able to gt picked up at this time? When it is 10am on the ship, will it be 9am local?

Thanks for your assistance!

Dan

We went to the eastern caribbean a few years ago in the Caribbean Princess and are going back this January on the Ruby. According to the itinerary, we will be in St. Maarten from 10am - 6pm. I seem to remember that the ship time was different from the local time. We are set to take a private excursion with Wakawa to Pinel Island and the ticket says we will get picked up at 10am local. Will we be able to gt picked up at this time? When it is 10am on the ship, will it be 9am local?

Thanks for your assistance!

Dan

The time in St. Maarten and St. Martin is set on Atlantic Standard Time and the island does not observe Daylight Savings Time. Any time I have been to ports with different local times, the ship adjusts for the time. So I believe if it's 10:00 am in St. Maarten, it will be 10:00 am on the ship.

This will be in the Patter as well.

Archived