AZ Jo

strainjc77

Have been on about 7 cruises but this is first time cruise on Oceania. Will be on Marena 7 Sept. Venice to Istanbul with my daughter Has anyone found the Travelex Euro Visa handy to use?:)

Any Visa or MasterCard will work for you all over Europe, although they are changing over to chip embedded cards, now. Don't worry you'll do just fine with an ordinary V or M card.:)

Some places we needed a 4 digit pin number in order to use our Visa. We swiped the card at checkout and then had to put in the pin.

Does anybody know how we can get a card with a chip in it? Any US banks issuing them?

Wells Fargo has a pilot/experiment program with the chip credit cards but I think you have to be an existing customer and travel Internationally extensively to qualify for the program, but it may be worth and inquiry. I think there is also a financial company (SmithBarney?) that has a chip card as well. I think the TravelEx card is really a prepaid card, but it might be a good option if you are planning to use it for small purchases at automated kiosks such as for train/metro tickets, gas purchases, etc.

Archived