Ft Lauderdale motels? no reservation...

Indigo Shoes

My fiance and I are booked for our first cruise on the RCCL Legend Transatlantic from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon, Portugal in April. He has travelled to Europe before (not on a cruise) and in the US; this is my first ever large scale travel excursion (other than a longweekend road trip to Boston a few years back)...

He suggests not reserving a room, but finding something inexpensive but clean when we get there... I'm willing to be adventurous and go along with him, but am worried this falls within the "spring break" season... so I want to ask this group's opinions...

Is one really able to find a deal with a walk-up rate? Or is a reserved rate better? We're going to be backpacking through Europe for a few days after disembarkation, so we're putting our funds into excursions and Europe travel and really want only a low-star rating room for the one overnight stay in Ft Lauderdale. Very basic clean room but no frills...

Thanks

Karen

He suggests not reserving a room, but finding something inexpensive but clean when we get there... I'm willing to be adventurous and go along with him, but am worried this falls within the "spring break" season... so I want to ask this group's opinions...

Is one really able to find a deal with a walk-up rate? Or is a reserved rate better?

You should at least check on availability. Hotels in FLL are experiencing a 90%+ occupancy rate. Want cheap...Priceline it, 2* airport.

Archived