Crown, D503. What's opposite?

cinnamon

We booked a Mini-Suite guarantee on the Crown to the Norwegian Fjords leaving Southampton on 9th July. We are thrilled today to have been allocated cabin number 503 on Dolphin deck, an AA category, near the lifts and very central in case the North Sea is choppy.

Can anyone tell me what is opposite the cabin? On the deck plans there is a blank space. 7 years ago on Sapphire we had a blank wall opposite our balcony cabin on C deck and the noise from behind it was very annoying, like a belt going round a tumble dryer constantly.

Thanks for any help.

Hi

Just returned from the Crown. I was in D501 - so right next door to 503!

The space is the stewards storage area for linens and such.

If you have the same steward - Raymond- he is a real delight.

I am so envious of you:D

Hi

I think he is from the Phillipines. Very quiet and gentle. I was travelling alone and he made sure to check I was ok - but without being intrusive in any way.

The Crown is a lovely ship. I really enjoyed sitting in the piazza area on deck 5 just listening to the music and drinking coffee! If you like coffee getting the coffee card is a good idea.

Movies under the stars is a great idea, but the weather on my trip didn't exactly lend itself to sitting outside in the evenings- a tad breezy, to say the least! I really enjoyed the films in the Princess theatre though.

It doesn't sound very exciting on the face of it, but I really enjoyed the navigation lecture. The young officer who gave the talk was very personable

and funny, and it was fascinating to learn about bridge operations. Considering I am a girlie girl, that was surprising:p

Pub lunch was pretty much every day in the Wheelhouse Bar, and was VERY popular - queue seemed to start about 11.30! Can't tellnyou what the food was like as I was way too full from breakfast to eat lunch!

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know. I will try my best to answer any questions.

Thanks very much Darcy. No specific questions, just interested to hear your view of the general ambience. We do love our coffee and intend to get a coffee card each, will have a Premium one morning and afternoon plus the brewed coffees.

I have not seen the movies on deck before as it is 6 years since we sailed on Princess. I can't quite imagine wanting to sit outside at night in Norway, even in July, unless they have a heatwave.

Archived