Preparing for cruise

treasure4two

I am wondering if I am the only one that does this-before each vacation/cruise, I go get a manicure/pedicure(don't do this often unless vacationing), get my hair cut, colored, buy new outfits, and prepare like I am going to meet royalty? I am going to meet people I will probably never see again and even though I care what other people think, I do not dress to impress others but to feel good about myself and my appearance. I still work fulltime and as a former flight attendant, I am used to always wearing make-up and taking care of my appearance, even if I am staying home all day. I just love the preparation for a trip! Am I weird (be nice) or just like many others? Just curious. Thank you.

I am wondering if I am the only one that does this-before each vacation/cruise, I go get a manicure/pedicure(don't do this often unless vacationing), get my hair cut, colored, buy new outfits, and prepare like I am going to meet royalty? I am going to meet people I will probably never see again and even though I care what other people think, I do not dress to impress others but to feel good about myself and my appearance. I still work fulltime and as a former flight attendant, I am used to always wearing make-up and taking care of my appearance, even if I am staying home all day. I just love the preparation for a trip! Am I weird (be nice) or just like many others? Just curious. Thank you.

You are normal in every way, glad you enjoy getting ready for your cruise or any vacation.

My ritual too, but you forgot to mention the spray tan!! ;)

Call your Credit Card Co., and advise them of your cruise, it paid off for me when I lost my card, I did have a spare.

Turn off water, and water heater, before you leave home.

There are many many more things, but to me the above items most important, other than having ALL your documentation.

john

I am the exact same way! glad to know I'm not alone :)

definitely more Normal than Not!!

the minute i book a cruise i "pack" in my head then start making the lists

doesnt matter how 'far' away it is!

always do the hair and definitely pedi as my feet are usually never covered on a cruise as for clothes shopping i am ALWAYS in the CRUISE SHOP mode!!

PLANNING is definitely half of the FUN for a vacation!!

ENJOY:)

Tanning before hand is a nice start , as well as my wife does all the pre suggested things ... LOL :D ! ! ! calling your bank before you leave is also a good idea . we have had problems in the states traveling and have had them freeze our card thinking some one stole it , there are all kinds of little things , checking to make sure passport is up to date , One of my big things is remembering to leave all plans at home and just enjoy Our Selves ! ! ! We have always said why didn't we bring that / or we didn't need this .. but we have never said we shouldn't soak longer in the hot tub , or are you sure room service is a good/bad thing .. lol ;) I could go on and on .. they are a lot of great idea's here .. so take what you want , leave the rest .. and enjoy your cruise ! ! !

Have A Great Day All ! ! !

J L

Of course you need a fresh Mani/Pedi and new do before Cruising!!!

We have to feel like we are the "Royals" while Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

I do something similar. I got my hair cut and got pink and blue streaks to get ready for a cruise. Also done a bit of clothes shopping. You aren't alone on this. :)

I also love to plan my daily outfits while I'm packing. I've found it actually saves time on choosing an outfit every day during vacationing. Less time picking stuff out, more time having fun!

Archived