Hoping for help & opinions,

mitchpam

Hi Gloria... thanks for the input. Just a few things... when did you go? Also, I am assuming that you went to Geoff's caye with a private company since you referred to tendering to the Tourist Village and having time to shop when you returned? Who did you go with? and how crowded was your tour? I also assume you did not have the island to yourself and that other tour groups were there... so how crowded was it?

We went in July. We booked through http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com which I think was also through Island Marketing? We used the website above, paid a 20% deposit and paid the rest when we got there.

Our group had about 16 people I believe - there were six of us and then another group together that had a bunch of children - maybe 4 adults and 6 kids? There was a driver, a medic and an "assistant" from the company that went on the boat with us to the island. There were two snorkeling guides and they divided our group in two with the kids going in another group (yay! - they were young)

I think only one other group came to the island with maybe 12 or so with a different company. They had paid $80 and their trip included dinner. Their guide cooked their dinner on an open fire in foil - chicken and vegetables. Looked interesting and smelled good but not worth the additional $40 compared to our tour.

The island did not feel crowded even though it is really small. We were the only ship in port that day so that may make a difference.

We thought it was a very reasonably priced trip and well worth the money.

Archived