Rant: Crappy and Buggy Carnival Website(Funpass)

jlm41

We start our cruise on July 7th.

I had so much trouble last 2 days on Carnival Website.

First Funpass will not save all the information. And will not mark the information as 'Complete'

Had to call TechSupport and they admit they they are having problems.

Then website will not print Boarding pass and other documents and had to call in again.

Did anybody else had this much trouble and had to call in?

Why can't they put in efforts to fix all the bugs on their website?

I also had to reenter information over and over again and it would always say "incomplete". I finally called and was informed that it was a glitch in the system. She did something on her end that made it "complete" so that I could print my cruise documents.

Finally figured out how to manipulate the site to mark everything as 'complete' but still can't get the passes to print. Called Tech support with no avail. :(

Try using a different browser. Certain browsers, for some reason, don't like what's being sent and will not open, save, etc. I'm not a IT tech, nor do I know anything about these, but when I have troubles like that, sometime switching works. I know some are going to say that's not what's happening, I'm just saying what has worked for me in the past. Just an FYI.

Try using a different browser. Certain browsers, for some reason, don't like what's being sent and will not open, save, etc. I'm not a IT tech, nor do I know anything about these, but when I have troubles like that, sometime switching works. I know some are going to say that's not what's happening, I'm just saying what has worked for me in the past. Just an FYI.

Happened to me as well. I love firefox, but there are certain websites that won't respond to it at all and I have to use IE for those.

We had trouble too. For me it did not want to save the info about whether you will be parking at the port. If you have the same problem, I may have a solution for you.

Here is how I got around that: after you check 'yes' or 'no' for parking at the port, do not hit 'save and continue'. In stead, just click on the tab of the next person and complete the same question for all persons in your boarding party.

For some reason this worked and all showed 'complete'. I was then able to print one boarding pass for all of us. Hope this helps! :)

Lots of problems with their site. I can't stand the new deck plans thing. It was fine before and this is no improvement at all, just harder to use.

People are always posting stuff they find on the site but I can't find out how they find it!

When looking at excursions they throw you back to the beginning search instead of same port once you peek at an explanation of an excursion and you start all over.

When booking if you look at a balcony and don't like choices you go back to pick a cabin instead of pick a different category in same style cabin.

All this is so annoying many times I use one of the other on line sites to look things up.

I, too, have not been able to print our fun pass. Fortunately, we are not sailing till August. Hopefully, Carnival will have fixed this problem by then!

If history holds true, as soon as they get most of the bugs out they will re do the website and you'll start over with all the bugs.

Bill

Since last week I have been trying to make a payment on my cruise and it would never let me type in my own amount. It would only let me pay the full amount, but my final payment isn't do until September. I finally called and they said it's a problem they are having with the website...I don't normally book through Carnival, but did this time.

Although, I had put down a deposit for a a promotional thingy on my last cruise..So I wonder if I do that if I can book through another site-If my promotion can still be used?:confused: If anyone has experience with that let me know. I don't mean to hijack the thread..

I had the same problems with the site not saving my information about whether or not we would be parking at the port. I had to re-enter the information dozens of times for each person before I could complete the process. I use Firefox...maybe that is the problem. Perhaps if I had switched to IE, I would not have had that problem.

Yes, their site is not user friendly at all. I have also had trouble trying to see shore excursions for my cruise. It was difficult, but I was finally able to see them. RCCL site was much easier.

.....and I can't believe they always have problems with their website. I would have been fired a long time ago at my job if that was a product I was putting out to the general public and it screws up so many times.

Didn't they ever hear of 'testing' it before it goes live?

:eek:

wasiii

I can't believe how frustrating the Carnival web site is. Why did they spend so much money/time changing it instead of fixing the little problems? I like the old way where I could see all the prices on the same page. Then I could see all the deck plans without leaving the pricing and decide if I want to upgrade. The search engine on southwest.com lets me see all the available cabins and pricing then I go to Carnival.com and book.

I also have had problems getting screens to accept entries, or clearing everything I previously entered if one of the fields were wrong. Most recently I tried to apply my FCC on line but the web site wouldn't take it. No message about what it didn't like, just a little "page error" on the status bar. Finally had to call in and my PVP entered it.

Printed everything for our 2 cabins last night & didn't have any problems. I had everything filled out weeks ago but was waiting for our Fun Ship Dollars credits to post before I printed everything out.

I agree the site has problems but worked fine for me.

Happy Cruising!!!

We had trouble too. For me it did not want to save the info about whether you will be parking at the port. If you have the same problem, I may have a solution for you.

Here is how I got around that: after you check 'yes' or 'no' for parking at the port, do not hit 'save and continue'. In stead, just click on the tab of the next person and complete the same question for all persons in your boarding party.

For some reason this worked and all showed 'complete'. I was then able to print one boarding pass for all of us. Hope this helps! :)

I had problems with the parking at the port question too. I was able to get everyone to completed status by entering the information individually. It seems like the "same as name1" option erases entries for name1 when it copies to name2.

Hope this helps someone!

Cathy

Same problem for me - parking at the pier - aaarrrrgh.

Took me two hours to do our pass.

But I have always had trouble with CCL's site no matter which browerser I use. I have 3 computers, with different browsers and problems with them all.

It's such a shame CCL cannot get this right. NCL's is much, much easier to use.

The issue I have encountered every single cruise is when I print the boarding pass it will first print in spanish. I have no idea why and everything else is in english even when I view it online it's in english.

If anyone has an idea let me know. I just love wasting a few pages of paper and toner each time

We sail on Sunday, and I had to try for hours earlier this week to get our funpass to print. I kept getting their oops page! And I also had problems getting the information to complete, but for me it was the return airfare that kept screwing up. I have given up on trying to pre-register our boys for Circle C!

We start our cruise on July 7th.

I had so much trouble last 2 days on Carnival Website.

First Funpass will not save all the information. And will not mark the information as 'Complete'

Had to call TechSupport and they admit they they are having problems.

Then website will not print Boarding pass and other documents and had to call in again.

Did anybody else had this much trouble and had to call in?

Why can't they put in efforts to fix all the bugs on their website?

I had this issue to and called my PVP. He said it is a bug. What you do is once you complete the first person on the funpass, select the next person name from the tab on top. Do not select the "Next Guest" button because it will mark the previously completed passenger to incomplete. I was having this issue specifically with the Travel Plans tab.

Archived