Meeeooowww!!!

icon1.gifMeeeooowww!

Precruiseitis has reached the point that I have begun doing strange things. I am daydreaming and wandering to the extent that the cat doesn't want anything to do with me. The other day I was looking through the volumes of info I have accumulated on EOtS and the cat came into my office, making that noise he makes when he wants a little bowl of afternoon milk. Papers in hand, I headed for the kitchen and continued reading as I attended to his needs. In order, the following occurred:

1) I opened the fridge and removed the milk carton from the top shelf, placing it on the counter.

2) I opened the cupboard and removed a small milk saucer, placing it next to the carton on the counter.

3) I opened the carton and poured some milk into the saucer.

4) Still reading with the papers now resting on the counter next to the saucer, I placed the saucer in its usual place on the kitchen floor.

5) Without skipping a beat, I placed the milk carton on the floor next to the saucer.

6) Anxious to get back to my reading and the boards on cruisecritic, I picked up the cat and placed him on the top shelf of the refrigerator. (I swear)

7) I hurried back to my office and continued with my favorite pasttime.

About 2 minutes later, I noticed the plaintive, muffled sounds of kitty coming from the kitchen area. At first I dismissed them completely. Shortly however, I recall being a tad bit aggravated that he was still complaining even after I had given him his afternoon milk. Slowly, but surely, the strangeness of the sound he was making began to permeate my cruise-addled brain, and I looked up from my desk in the direction of the kitchen. To my astonishment, instead of happy kitty busily lapping at his milk saucer, I beheld a silent, motionless, sweating milk carton peering disinterestedly back at me.

I must confess that it took a few seconds to sink in. Why in the heck was there a milk carton on the ground? For one brief instant, I considered absurdly the possibility that the cat had finished his milk and wanting more, had somehow opened the icebox, and gotten the milk out by himself. Of course he wouldn't be able to screw the cap off ...

I jumped up in a rare lucid moment and sprinted to the kitchen, finally understanding the meaning of the strange scene. What I wouldn't give to have had the digital camera at the ready when I opened the door. Sassy was sitting squarely in the middle of the top shelf between the cream cheese and last night's container of meatloaf, apparently having not moved at all. The look on his face was one of patient disgust. Can you blame him? For the sake of my family, and my cat, this cruise needs to happen soon! Come on March 27!!!

Explorer of the Seas 3/27/05

When we were first married, we had this very large black cat--I mean huge. He was a very muscular proud cat--like a mountain lion. My husband was getting things out of the fridge and apparently "Sam" jumped in the refrigerator just as he was shutting the door. And of course my dense husband never noticed. Very soon he heard a loud noise, our cat was strong enough to push the door open himself and get out. And the noise was everything else crashing to the floor. I don't know who was more disgusted the cat or my husband for cleaning up his mess!!!

Hey mbisson,

You must not be a "cat person". This cat is my good buddy. He has a special way of speaking, and I can usually tell what he wants by the way he Meows, or growls. I love dogs too, but there is something very cool and admirable about the independence of felines.:cool:

Hey mbisson,

You must not be a "cat person". This cat is my good buddy. He has a special way of speaking, and I can usually tell what he wants by the way he Meows, or growls. I love dogs too, but there is something very cool and admirable about the independence of felines.:cool:

Not at all. We we've had cats for about 25 years. I could tell you some stories, but our present cat only wants us when it's time to feed (he wakes us up at 5:30 sharp every morning), go outside, or come back inside. And whenever he is wanting to be petted, he drools (somewhat like a wet mouth lab).

LOL

-Monte

When you become unstable they put you on a cruise to recalibrate you? That's insurance I'd be happy to buy.

I've gone batty like that and I can't tell you how glad I am to know I'm not alone. Luckily for my dogs, they don't fit in the fridge. The toolbox and powerdrill, however, do fit.

Poor cat! I can, however, sympathize. The other night I was hanging out on this board and one of my kids kept coming up to me and asking "when's dinner?" I would respond "soon". After two or three times, he said "umm, it's 7:30." I jumped up, threw a few Budget Gourmets in the microwave, served the kids, and sat back down to read the boards. After a few minutes, my daughter said, "I sure hope you cruise soon, cause I'm sick and tired of macaroni." What a terrible stepmom I am! :eek: I immediately closed the browser and made everybody ice cream sundaes for dessert. Of course, after they went to bed, I was back on here. In about three weeks, four days and about 22 hours, I'll be soooo much better.:)

Archived