Seafood Shack

I've tried finding this through the search feature, but haven't come up with exactly the answer I'm looking for. That being...

Did I read this or did I dream it up: Is the Seafood Shack on Oasis being replaced by Rita's Cantina anytime soon?

We just booked Oasis and were looking forward to the Seafood Shack for something different. We're originally from RI, where fish and chips on Fridays is practically a religion, so we like to try it wherever we can.

I also can't find the list of CDs and their schedules. Hope Richard Spacey will be our CD in March. Haven't seen him yet, but read he's very enjoyable.

Thanks for your help,

Hi, Joan. :)

I don't know the answer to this (although I've read the rumor that there will be a change), bit I'm interested. If they do change it, then I would imagine it would be during a dry dock. I was very excited to hear about the Seafood Shack when the details were originally released, but have been disappointed with all the less than stellar reviews. :(

Hope you're doing well!

Hi Michelle!

I know it hasn't gotten very good reviews, either, but we're just looking to try something different. The only reason we went to Rita's was for the Fiesta with the roll call group. Probably would not have tried it otherwise. Except for Samba Grill at the tail end of our 2nd week on Allure, we didn't go to any specialty restaurants (although we were given lunch at Giovanni's on turn-around day).

I'm very excited about this since we didn't think we'd cruise at all next year, but a good sale came up, so... Pat's job may be coming to an end in February 2012, but this will be paid for by then, so what the heck!

Hope all is going well with you.

Yeah for good deals! I'm glad you get to cruise again! :) Sorry to hear about Pat's job though... hope all goes well!

I'm with you - still would want to try the Seafood Shack. :) And, in all honesty, even after some of the negative comments, I was still wishing for it on Allure! We did have a good time at Rita's though, and plan to go again next year.

Oh, did you enjoy Samba? We were on the fence about trying it, and were going to pre-book, but then felt our entire vacation was being planned for us with all the show and dinner reservations. We figured we'd book onboard if it was something we wanted to try, but never got around to it.

I thought Samba grill was good and the dancer was entertaining. I don't know if I'd do it again, tho. We have those types of restaurants around here (and our favorite is Ohanas at WDW), so it was no big deal. Just something new to try.

We're going to do MTD this time, too. I do wish there were the Dog House on Oasis. Probably my favorite meal! ;)

I never tried the Dog House. Gotta go back! ;)

We liked ohana... Tons of food! We didn't realize all the appetizers were appetizers (thought they were part of the main course!) until they actually started bringing the meat skewers. Wow! Then they brought dessert. We were STUFFED!!! I digress...

Archived