Which would be easier...?

zertywert

I am trying to decide whether to leave my car at the hotel and take a taxi to the port or park at the port. I read on a "cruise parking" site that it can take up to an hour to get a taxi after the cruise, and the taxi driver can charge up to $13.00pp. Is this true, or is it a marketing scare tactic? Right now, I am booked at the Holiday Inn French Quarter with cruise parking.

What would be your preference based on you experiences?

Thanks!

an hour to catch a cab!!!! This scares me! We might miss our flight!

I know I can't imagine!!:eek: I am hoping that they are just trying to get cruise passangers to park with them. I don't have a flight to catch, but I do have a 10 hour drive.

This is what we did from the Drury: Go to the terminal, drop the luggage and extra guests off. Drive the car back to the Drury, park and walk or the lone driver take a taxi to the port. Upon return, the lone driver took a cab to the Drury while everyone else waited with the luggage for the driver to pick us up. That took much less than an hour. I know the HI FQ would be a longer walk but it's doable if you don't want to take a taxi and the weather is nice.

We have done the Drury thing also, but last time it was raining so we took a taxi back to Drury after the cruise. There were taxi's waiting for passengers and we did not have a problem. We did the self debarkation so we were one of the first 100 off the boat. Within about 20 min of getting off the boat we were in our car on the freeway headed home:). As I recall the taxi charge for downtown area is $8.00 per person. Seems like gave him $20 inc tip. Was glad to be off boat so quickly and at car away from terminal. If you get off later then the taxi's might be harder to catch.

Archived