Still problems with transportation?

Dharma517

Myself and some friends are visiting Bermuda on EOS 7/30/11. I talked up this island to them and how awesome the bus/ferry system was. Have been there twice and it was quite good. What am I in for? Is it fixed? I had planned on taking a day and going to Gibbs lighthouse, Church Bay and the Swizzle inn. Is this not going to be realistic? As I remember they are all right next to each other. Thanks!

We were just there the first week of June and used the public transportation system exclusively. Never had any problems whatsoever. There were plenty of "special" buses at the Dockyard which traveled to Horseshoe Bay Beach and back. These buses would also stop at points in between those two destinations. For instance we were dropped off at Church Bay one morning for snorkeling.

Totally agree re transportation... everything ran on time and the only issue I observed was that the lines for late afternoon ferries in Hamilton re long bec. there is no 4pm ferry to Dockyard.. Other thing I've mentioned is there is extra "ferry" from St George to Dockyard not on regular orange schedule (but posted elsewhere) that leaves at 2:45pm on the "tender" Bermudian, which holds a lot of people and was half empty unlike the 3:45 ferry which is usually packed.. The extra service only runs Wed-Friday though.

Ditto on what they said. Bus and ferries were wonderful while I was there on the June 19 Summit sailing. Bus drivers couldn't have been nicer or more patient, answering our endless questions and announcing our stops so we'd be sure to get off at the right one.

Ferries were wonderful too. I highly recommend the ferry to St. George's. Gorgeous views along the way and quiet, historic atmosphere once you arrive. Wish I could've spent more time there.

Enjoy your trip. Bermuda is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in June and had no problem with busses or ferries. Used a bus pass 12.00 for one day or 20.00 for 2 day. The only thing is the morning ferries will have long lines at the Dockyard. It looked like if you left early there was no problem.

We were there in June and had no problem with busses or ferries. Used a bus pass 12.00 for one day or 20.00 for 2 day. The only thing is the morning ferries will have long lines at the Dockyard. It looked like if you left early there was no problem.

We are planning on taking the first ferry to St George on our second day in port. I believe it leaves at 10am. When you say there were big lines for the morning ferries, did all those people make it on or were some turned away? Just trying to figure out how early to get to the ferry dock. Thanks.

We are planning on taking the first ferry to St George on our second day in port. I believe it leaves at 10am. When you say there were big lines for the morning ferries, did all those people make it on or were some turned away? Just trying to figure out how early to get to the ferry dock. Thanks.

When you get there the first day you can judge the lines. The second day was not as bad but they were lined up as far back as the gift shop for a while.

We took a later ferry to Hamilton looked around then took a bus to St. George. We went back on the last nonstop ferry to the Dockyard.

Archived