Where do we dock for Naples

TomMMD

On our Solstice Roll Call board someone noticed that the stop in Naples now says "Naples ((Salerno)" where it used to say "Naples/Capri"

Is this a change? We had planned on wandering through Naples but Salerno is about an hours drive from Salerno.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

On our Solstice Roll Call board someone noticed that the stop in Naples now says "Naples ((Salerno)" where it used to say "Naples/Capri"

Is this a change? We had planned on wandering through Naples but Salerno is about an hours drive from Salerno.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

On our recent Equinox cruise, with shore excursions going to Salerno, Capri, Amalfi coast, Pompeii and Vesuvius, the ship docked right in the Naples harbour in front of the Castel Nuovo.

You want to be very careful where and when you walk around Naples. Not the best city to go roaming around in. We walked to the train station and then bought a combined ticket for the train, Pompeii, and Herculeum. I believe the ferry to Capri leaves right from the dock near where the ship docks. If you chose to go to Capri you can do it on your own also.

Flying Dragon is correct, at least the last I heard. Naples is one of the most convenient ports to 'town' and major sights if you want to do your own sightseeing. If you are not comfortable walking, there are numerous taxis available. Of course, this is an adventure of its own, almost as good as a thrill ride at an amusement park.

the ship stop in the centre of Naples at "Molo Beverello" near Maschio Angioino, Palazzo Reale, Piazza Plebiscito and in 20/30 minute walk you can visit Duomo and the caracteristict zone called "spacca Napoli".

Ciao

Same happened to us last year, was scheduled to dock at Naples/Capri then this was changed to Salerno, it is further down the coast than Capri. The town itself is much smaller than Naples but much safer, and has a lovely promenade to walk along. We didn't venture out of Salerno so can't comment on how far it is to Naples, but I'm sure there will be someone on here who knows.

Many tourists are not aware that there has been a very extended garbage/sanitation strike in Naples for many months. Garbage litters every street of the city and it will take a long time to clean up once the strike is over. I am hoping my fall cruise which is supposed to dock in Naples will divert to Salerno which is a prettier city and is much closer to the Amalfi drive than Naples. I think Celebrity is playing it by ear from month to month.

Archived