Port arrival time - online registration

cruisequeen10

When doing your online information, it asks you for your port arrival time. I did this for 2 of our 3 cabins, but the last one gave me a much later time. Does this mean that we can`t go through together.

I think if you have proof of the linked reservations and also the first times you are ok, its like fastpass, when 3 of a party of four get one time, they let you in, if the last is 5 mins later.

When doing your online information, it asks you for your port arrival time. I did this for 2 of our 3 cabins, but the last one gave me a much later time. Does this mean that we can`t go through together.

The online check-in schedule is DCL's way of trying to gauge and moderate the peak arrivals. However, if you all arrive at the same time, even earlier than your "On-line reservation", your actual boarding is determined by the group number you will be issued as you enter the terminal.

In other words, don't worry. :)

My TA informed me that DCL is changing the rules as of sometime in the beginning of August, I forgot the exact date. Anyway, the port and parking lot is now not opening until 11AM (used to be 10) and they indicated that DCL might begin enforcing the port arrival times and said that DCL is advising that if you are traveling in a group and have different arrival times, that everyone should use the later arrival time.

With the Dream and Fantasy, DCL now has larger ships holding more passengers but their main embarkation terminal has not grown. As such, I think it is only natural that they will be pushing people to arrive later so as to avoid large crowds of people with nowhere to go in the terminal area between 10am and roughly 1pm (the peak arrival times).

Archived