MSC MUSICA REVIEW - Magical Eastern Med - June 20, 2011

cakeordeath

Cakeordeath--thank you so much for the detailed review! We're really looking forward to our trip on the Musica. Do you have any comments from your children about the trip? My kids are 13, 11, and 3. We'd love to know what other kids thought/enjoyed/experienced. Our itinerary will be different, but just as port-intensive as yours, so there won't be a lot of time for ship-board activities, but we'd like to hear what they thought.

Great review cakeordeath and thanks for the information about St Jacobs beach in Dubrovnik. I've been there twice and had never heard of it, so next time I have a port of call there, I will be sure to head over there as well as reacquaint myself with the lovely old town.

Cakeordeath--thank you so much for the detailed review! We're really looking forward to our trip on the Musica. Do you have any comments from your children about the trip? My kids are 13, 11, and 3. We'd love to know what other kids thought/enjoyed/experienced. Our itinerary will be different, but just as port-intensive as yours, so there won't be a lot of time for ship-board activities, but we'd like to hear what they thought.

Hi, over all they loved it. I don't think they really missed anything on the ship and we really like to all be together when vacationing anyway. They ate all meals with us, went to the shows, etc.

For the ports, I tried to arrange things that interested all of us and to pick the best things to see. They were tired at the end of the day of touring but if we had a bit of time for them to rest, read, play a DS, walk around the ship on their own...they were recharged for the night.

They really loved the European atmosphere...hearing the different languages, seeing different people, the food...they loved trying all of the regional Itallian dishes. They liked getting dressed up and celebrating as a family. They liked to explore the ship on their own a bit.

about a year and a half ago we did the western Med with just our son who was 10 at the time and that was just as port heavy...one every day and the weather wasn't great as it was November. It was still a great trip. There was so much history at all of the stops...different kind of history than Greece. We learned about the places before we went and he had studied some stuff in school so it made it more interesting for him.

While MSC is a bit more traditional/old school cruising than some of the other lines, we liked it that way. We liked the set dinner seatings and the beautiful decor...the kids appreciated that too. There was sort of a loose schedule and that was nice.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Archived