Drinks Package.

Hi All, I know that you can book a drinks package when you book, but I was talking to somebody who has been on several cruises with different companies and they said that Thomsons offer you one when you board, also that they have a "Happy Hour". Have they got this correct or are they confusing it with another company? :confused:

Hi All, I know that you can book a drinks package when you book, but I was talking to somebody who has been on several cruises with different companies and they said that Thomsons offer you one when you board, also that they have a "Happy Hour". Have they got this correct or are they confusing it with another company? :confused:

Hi we've not long since got back from the Spirit there was a happy hour for cocktails only. Thomsons do not offer a drinks package on board you have to do it when you book.

You can buy the drinks package at any time up until a few weeks before you travel and you pay the price it was at the time you originally booked.

Late booking discounts can mean that the overall cost is the same as booking very early and getting the drinks package free

Hi solostar

I don`t have the new prices as they were going up the day we left.We only read the notice that was put through every cabin the night before and it only said the drink prices were rising,never said by how much.Meant to pick up the new drinks list from one of the bars before we left but forgot.We were on the Dream but would expect the rises to affect all the ships.

If theres any specific drinks prices you want to know I can give you the prices prior to the rise on Saturday

Hi Jim, If you could help with the following it would give me a rough idea,

Draught Lager ( what brand ):rolleyes:

Guinness ( I know it,s in cans , do you know what size?);)

Bottle of wine or House wine.:p

Thanks for your help.

P.S. How was your cruise?

Whilst you cannot buy the full drinks package once on board you can purchase a wine package - several different ones available but each have 4 bottles of wine for a set price - we went for option C and choose 2 bottles of red and 2 white - cost us approx. £43 on the Destiny in June.

Hi Jim, If you could help with the following it would give me a rough idea,

Draught Lager ( what brand ):rolleyes:

Guinness ( I know it,s in cans , do you know what size?);)

Bottle of wine or House wine.:p

Thanks for your help.

P.S. How was your cruise?

solostar

Will get back to you tomorrow on that,got washing/ironers elbow at the mo :D

Had a great time thanks

Right,here we go solostar.......Hic

Draught=John Smiths,Strongbow and Heineken =£3-25(free on AI)

Can/Bottled 330ml=Becks,Fosters,Kronenbourg,Heineken,Budweiser ,Coroona,Bass Ale= £3-25 (a supplement of £1-90p on AI)

Can/bottled 550ml=Guinness,John Smiths extra smooth,Newcastle Brown Ale=£3-25(supplement of £1-90 on AI)

Can/bottled Cider =Bulmers (586ml)=£3-95(suppl £2-50 on AI)and Strongbow (440ml)=£3-25(suppl £1-90)

Whisky Free on AI

Sir Edwards

Bells

Cutty sark

Famous Grouse

Jonnie Walker Red

Teachers

J&B

Ballantines

Canadian Club

Old Bushmill

Jim Beam

All £3-50 except Sir Edwards=£2-90

Whisky not on AI= £1-15 suppl

Jameson

Jack Daniels

Jonnie Walker Black Label

Glenmorangie

Chivas regal

Macallen

All £4-65

Gin(free AI)

London Gin=£2-90

Beefeater=£3-50

Gordons=£3-50

Bombay Sapphire=£3-70

Tanqueray=£3-70

Vodka(free on AI)

Akademicka=£2-90

Moskovskaya=£3-50

Stolichnaya=£3-50

Smirnoff=£3-50

Absolut=£4-65(suppl £1-15)

Absolut Citron=£4-65(suppl £1-15)

Rum(free on AI)

Castillo Silver=£2-90

Bacardi=£3-50

Bacardi Lemon=£3-50

Bacardi Dark=£3-50

Myers=£3-50(suppl £1-15)

Captain Morgan=£3-50(suppl £1-15)

Other Spirits

Aztec Silver tequila

Tequila

Tequila Gold

Grappa

Kirschwasser

Malibu

All £3-50

Liqueurs

Baileys(suppl £1-15)

Southern Comfort(suppl £1-15)

Tia Maria

Amaretto

Kahlua

Drambuie

Frangelico

Cherry Brandy

Fernet Branca

Advocaat

Cointreau

Galliano

Grand Marnier

Jagermeister

Apricot Brandy

Sambuca

All £3-50

Brandy

Bardinet Napolean

Fundador

Metaxa Five Star

Martell VS(suppl £1-30)

Hennessy VS(suppl £1-30)

Cardenal Mendoza(suppl £1-70)

Martell VSOP(suppl £2-30)

Hennessy VSOP(suppl £2-30)

Armagnac(suppl £2-30)

Remy Martin XO(suppl £8-80)

£2-90 to a whopping £12-70

Red and White wine by the glass(200ml)=£3-70

Sparkling wine by the glass(200ml)=£3-95

Champagne by the bottle

Moet & Chanden Brut=£35-00,Half bottle=£20-00

Dom Perignon=£110(go on,treat yourself :D)

Sparkling Wine by the bottle

Cremant De Bourgogne=£22

Asti Spumante=£21-50

Freixenet Cordon Negro=£19-50

Corte dei Gelsi Prosecco=£15-50

Theres a whole range of excellent cocktails at £3-95.Recommend there Bloody Marys and one called Mai Tai

Half a dozen Liqueur Coffees at £3-85

I`m not a great lover of Heineken but the best and coldest pint was from the Lido bar,at other bars it was warm

Spirits are 40ml measures but tended to be even more than that

If you want vodka make sure you ask for Smirnoff or they`ll serve you one of the toilet cleaning ones

If you want anymore info or have any questions,happy to help

countdown.pl?image=panamacanal&name=Jim%20The%20Scot&date=6-25-2011&text=WE%20ARE%20SAILING&ship=Thomson%20Dream

Your welcome solostar.Thats whats great about this forum,the good people on here willing to share their experiences,hints,tips,answer any question etc

Right,onto the wine package.Sorry but cant help on that one,its one of the few drinks I don`t touch or like :D but I`m sure someone will come along with the answer.Having said that,probably best if you start a new thread specifically on the wine package so it doesn`t get lost in here.

If you have any other questions be about drink or the ship just fire away.

Thank you so much Jim, that goes above and beyond the call of duty,

1 more question,

Do you know anything about the wine package? :p

Thanks Again.

Hi Solostar

At the first evening meal in the restaurant the wine waiter brought us a menu with the wine packages on and from what I remember there was a choice of a few different ones. We didn't bother as we were on AI so it was free by the glass and we're not big wine drinkers.

The menu was displayed in the self service rest. as well.

Agree with Jim you would prob be better starting a thread about this as I am sure someone will be able to help you more.

Mary

OOPS!!! Meant to start a new thread and made a mess of it , tried to delete it but I can,t. Sorry. Thankyou Mary for the info, I will just go along with that. :o:o:o

You're welcome. You will have no trouble getting the package on board cos the waiters are pushing it.

Mary

Hi Jim the Scot

Thanks for the comprehensive price list! Our favourite tipple from the Celebration a couple of years ago was the little bottles of Henkel sparkling wine. Also we enjoyed the Wolf Blass white wine. Please can you check your price list and tell me if either of these are mentioned. We sail on 25th July.

Janet

Hi Jim the Scot

Thanks for the comprehensive price list! Our favourite tipple from the Celebration a couple of years ago was the little bottles of Henkel sparkling wine. Also we enjoyed the Wolf Blass white wine. Please can you check your price list and tell me if either of these are mentioned. We sail on 25th July.

Janet

Hi Janet

Yes Henkel Tronken Piccolo is on the list,£1-15 supplement if on AI but will be slightly dearer as prices went up last Saturday,£4-65 if not on AI

No Wolf Bass White wine

Are you saying Strongbow was free on AI, all the other ships i have been on (see below), there was never any cider on AI.

Cheers

Yes draught Strongbow is free on AI on the Dream in selected bars.Strangely enough bottled or tinned Strongbow is not free on AI,£1-90 supplement.

You have to bear in mind all ships don`t have the same AI lists.The Dream has the not so good draught lager like Heineken where other ships have Stella or San Miguel.

Archived