drinks on deck

Quick Question that I couldn't seem to find by searching....

If we order a bottle of tequila or something from the bon-voyage list, will we be able to mix up a pitcher of margaritas or the like and then take it into public places - on deck etc... or will this be frowned on? Was planning on bringing a powder mix with us.

Sailing in 33 days!! Thanks!!

yes, baja bobs is what we will bring. To tell you the truth we have been using the liquid version of his margarita mix (in the bottle) at home; I ordered the powder for the trip - -hope it tastes the same?? I just saw Crystal Lite brand margarita, mojito, and appletini mix in the store this weekend. Didn't buy any because it was labeled as a "mocktail" didn't know how it would mix with actual tequilla etc.

yes, baja bobs is what we will bring. To tell you the truth we have been using the liquid version of his margarita mix (in the bottle) at home; I ordered the powder for the trip - -hope it tastes the same?? I just saw Crystal Lite brand margarita, mojito, and appletini mix in the store this weekend. Didn't buy any because it was labeled as a "mocktail" didn't know how it would mix with actual tequilla etc.

I'd probably not carry the pitcher around with me, but certainly in a large mug. The "mocktail" simply means flavoring without alcohol...and what I use all the time...with tequilla (or appropriate alcohol) for the drink.

It depends on the ship. Right now on Valor they are testing Margaritas, Sangria and beer by the pitcher. $19.50 for those wanting to know.

So, I am sure you could get an empty pitcher from your steward with a little palm greasing.

IMHO, taking a pitcher of whatever on deck would be no different then getting a carafe' of coffee from room service and then taking it to Lido and refilling it.

Archived