Clip n Zip or Pirates of Carib

cruisinlawn

choices and decisions. Have read much about both and they both seem fun. Anyone experience both of them? We're somewhat zip enthusiast and wondering if one is better then the other:confused::confused:. We realze the Clip is at port so that has it's advantage but in reading, Pirates might be the more extreme. Also read that Pirates take you to Parrot Tree resort, anyone familiar with that?

We zipped with Bodden in '07 but can't recall the location. I'm thinking Jungle Canopy but at a loss???

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't do clip and zip, but walked past it. It is right at port and a short walk. The lines that I could see didn't look very long or high.

I met a guide outside the gates and they drove us to Pirates. We did the extreme zip line tour. It was great. From the top of the hill for the 1st and longest line, you could see both sides of the island. That line was over 1000' long and they said over 300' above the ground in the center. They use a double line, side by side. No braking gloves, the guide at the platform slows your approach with a sliding block and rope. I would defnately do it again if in roatan. Once tour was over the driver that brought us was not around. He was dropping off other people, so the owner took my wife and I back to port in his 4 door pickup. The drive is about 15 minutes from port.

Hope this helps with you planning.

I agree with smcgoldr. We did the Pirates of the Carribean Extreme Tour and that first zip line is phenomenal. The view of the ocean with hills and forest is something I will never forget! Plus, you have 7 more zip lines to go after that one!

We did the Clip N Zip at Roatan. Its right across the street from the pier. You hop on a truck and they take you back into the jungle....up a really steep dirt road. Then you hop off and walk up more steep trails till you get to the first zipline. They give you a short tutorial and then you're off. I think there was 11 ziplines and most were looooooooooong and fast. You're at the top of the trees in the jungle and a couple times I couldn't even see the end point. It was our first time ziplining and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Being out of shape I was hot and tired at the end.....thoroughly enjoyed it though. :)

Archived