Who is cruising in October 2011?

dvg1027

Hi,

I saw Ampleiwb started a thread for those cruising in Sept. I thought it was a great idea, (thanks, Ampleiwb) and decided to start one for October, 2011.

A little about myself. I am 55 years old. I had lost 50 lbs in 2009/2010 for my son's wedding and for a trip to Italy a few months later. Came home stopped going to the gym, stopped watching what I was eating and gained most of it back. Stupid, stupid, stupid. OK that was my tantrum now I am over it. LOL

Now to move on. I joined WW last month and the weight has been coming off but very slowly. I keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race and no matter how much or little I lose before the cruise I am still in better shape that by not doing anything. So far I have lost 7.5 lbs, but that is without exercising just sticking to the program.

I was off from last Friday through this Tuesday and started back to the gym. I talked to one of the trainers and she advised me what to do as to not over do it. I can't go every day once I go back to work Wed, maybe 3-4 times a week so I didn't want to go to crazy and overdo it while I was off.

If anyone else would like to join this thread who is cruising in Oct, or even if you aren't please do so and we can motivate each other. Thanks.

Dvg, I am starting to realize that I'm exceeding my cruise clothes dimensions and would like to remedy the situation. So I think I'd better back off a little on the calorie consumption. Am I getting short term memory loss? I was forgetting that I better start watching so maybe this thread will help be refresh my memory. Star

Dvg, I am starting to realize that I'm exceeding my cruise clothes dimensions and would like to remedy the situation. So I think I'd better back off a little on the calorie consumption. Am I getting short term memory loss? I was forgetting that I better start watching so maybe this thread will help be refresh my memory. Star

I know what you mean, when I lost all that weight last year I gave all my "fat" clothes away. Not that I still wasn't large but I was a lot better than I had been. When I gained most of the weight back the only things that would fit me was some of the newer clothes that had some stretch to them. Since I started losing or relosing, LOL, I should say a couple of more things now fit. If I could get back to close to what I was when I lost the weight the first time I could use all my clothes from my Hawaii vacation last year which are almost like new. Of course I would still have to buy a few things. (Didn't really have formal nights in Hawaii since we didn't do a cruise).

Good luck to you. Hopefully more will join this thread and we can motivate each other. Have a great day.

Hi All! What a coincidence, I was going through this forum to see what was new (and I hardly ever come over here lol). My husband and I are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary on a cruise in October. We were looking at our honeymoon photos this weekend and I couldn't believe the change in my size since then. :eek: It really hit me that I need to get it together. I know I don't have time to get back down to where I was before, but I would like to slim down a bit for our cruise. I'm blessed to have a husband who's thrilled with me no matter my size, so this is really more about me.

I did WW last year and lost about 15 lbs, but once I got on the cruise ship all the points guidelines flew out the window! I just want to be healthy overall. I started using My Calorie Counter yesterday, so I'm limiting calories and working out 5 days a week. Looking forward to talking with you! :)

Hi All! What a coincidence, I was going through this forum to see what was new (and I hardly ever come over here lol). My husband and I are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary on a cruise in October. We were looking at our honeymoon photos this weekend and I couldn't believe the change in my size since then. :eek: It really hit me that I need to get it together. I know I don't have time to get back down to where I was before, but I would like to slim down a bit for our cruise. I'm blessed to have a husband who's thrilled with me no matter my size, so this is really more about me.

I did WW last year and lost about 15 lbs, but once I got on the cruise ship all the points guidelines flew out the window! I just want to be healthy overall. I started using My Calorie Counter yesterday, so I'm limiting calories and working out 5 days a week. Looking forward to talking with you! :)

Welcome faith413

I started exercising this week. I won't be down to what I really want. I don't know if it is just me or if others feel like this but even if I have a lot to lose and I lose just some of the weight, I feel so much better. Good luck to you.

I like to join. We leave on a cruise for Hawaii in Oct. It will be our 20th and we are renewing our vows. And you want to talk about the size change since I got married. Just say my wedding dress was a size 10, my renewal vow dress will not be even close. I attached a picture of it below.

I lose some weight about 5 years ago for my sons wedding, but my hip went bad and I gain that and more back. After about 4 years of pain, I finally had my hip replaced last year. The doctor gave me a weight that she wants me at for my new hip. I started in Jan and lost 30lb so far. I have 25lb to go to get to the weight my doctor will leave me alone at. But I would like to lose a little more than that.

I would be happy to lose another 15lb by the cruise, but would settle for 10lb also.

I started with this Food Lovers for Life routine in Jan and love it, basically I just watch what I eat (5-6x a day). I have cut out all soda (only drink unsweet tea or water, no processed food, etc). I exercise at least 5 days a week and that is riding my stationary bike (what my doctor perfers).

Dress, I would like to look real nice in it.

810102.jpg.174c037a42620b39954cb6a6b390e9ff.jpg

hello everyone! I am not going anywhere until the first week of December but I would like to join the club anyway.....I totally fell off the excercise wagon the last week of May this year and really need to get back on...... :)

I like to join. We leave on a cruise for Hawaii in Oct. It will be our 20th and we are renewing our vows. And you want to talk about the size change since I got married. Just say my wedding dress was a size 10, my renewal vow dress will not be even close. I attached a picture of it below.

I lose some weight about 5 years ago for my sons wedding, but my hip went bad and I gain that and more back. After about 4 years of pain, I finally had my hip replaced last year. The doctor gave me a weight that she wants me at for my new hip. I started in Jan and lost 30lb so far. I have 25lb to go to get to the weight my doctor will leave me alone at. But I would like to lose a little more than that.

I would be happy to lose another 15lb by the cruise, but would settle for 10lb also.

I started with this Food Lovers for Life routine in Jan and love it, basically I just watch what I eat (5-6x a day). I have cut out all soda (only drink unsweet tea or water, no processed food, etc). I exercise at least 5 days a week and that is riding my stationary bike (what my doctor perfers).

Dress, I would like to look real nice in it.

[ATTACH]199847[/ATTACH]

Hi Dllyon,

The dress is gorgeous! I am sure you will look beautiful in it. My DH and I went to Oahu and Maui for our 25th anniversary in Oct, though not on a cruise. First time there and had a blast. We renewed our wedding vows in Oahu on the Ala Moana beach with Diamond Head as a backdrop. It was beautiful. You will absolutely love it.

I started back with the exercising just this week. I wish I was one of those people that really enjoyed exercise but I am not. I am almost always pushing myself. I had been doing well with watching what I eat and how much. Until yesterday that is. My coworker just came back from Italy and gave me a bag of almond cookies. I don't know why I didn't just give it to my son who works with me but I didn't. Sure I know why, I wanted to eat them! Thankfully, it was a very small bag, but I am sure I will see the results of it on the scale tomorrow morning at WW.

Good luck with what is left of the week and the weekend.

hello everyone! I am not going anywhere until the first week of December but I would like to join the club anyway.....I totally fell off the excercise wagon the last week of May this year and really need to get back on...... :)

Welcome! Good luck with the exercising. I have tried group exercise, volleyball, walking, the gym. Just not that into it but I do see results when I do it. Plus I think if you workout it makes it harder to cheat foodwise. Of course not always as you can see from my previous post. LOL

I read somewhere that you should workout for at least 150 minutes a week, I have been trying. So just to help me, I'm going to post how much I did every week.

So far this week starting July4

Mon - bike - 45 min

Tues - bike - 35 min

Wed - nothing, I was not feeling well

Thurs - bike - 35 min

On Fri or Sat I need to do at least 35+ more

I read somewhere that you should workout for at least 150 minutes a week, I have been trying. So just to help me, I'm going to post how much I did every week.

Mon - bike - 45 min

Tues - bike - 35 min

Thurs - bike - 35 min

Good idea dllyon,

If I see you post yours I might remember to do mine. Here is this week so far.

Monday bike 20min elliptical 15 min

Tuesday bike 20 min; elliptical 15, strength building 20 min

Wed. bike 20 min; elliptical 15

Thurs and Fri nothing had to get to work early

So 45 between Sat and Sun, should be no problem if I can get my sorry self to the gym

Still up for another October loser?

My name is Britney. I am 38, married mom of two. I teach 1/2 day kindergarten and thrilled to be out for summer break. :D Unfortunately, I like to celebrate summer by doing nothing but lay by the pool& eat ice cream everyday.:p I was @ WW goal (5'2 and under 135) and feeling pretty good. I gave away all my old clothes, loaned out my WW info. to my sister and then put on some of those lbs back on, UGH!:mad: Really should know better, because I have been down this road several times before! Anywhoo!

I'm starting tonight using the Couch to 5K running app. Last October, I walk/ran my first 5K and I want to do it again. I go to Curves 3 times a week but took time off due to out patient procedure. :rolleyes:Guess it is time to start getting back at it! I plan in getting back on track w/ WW but need to get my stuff back to do so.;)

SW/CW-I think, 143. I am going to WI in the am to double check.

GW-128

My WI day will be Wednesday, as that is my WW meeting day.

Ready or not 128- HERE I COME!!!!

Looking forward to losing with you guys!

Good idea dllyon,

So 45 between Sat and Sun, should be no problem if I can get my sorry self to the gym

Well? :confused: Did you get to the gym?! Hope so!

I read last night that we should expect "set backs" in our eating/ exercising, that it is perfectly normal. Well, FINALLY, I am normal!:D Like that cute little fish sings, Just keep swimming.... Really if we keep at it, we will make it Eventually!

Do you take them? I stopped to week before my OP procedure and now I am out of the habit. Bought some new GNC Energy & Metabolism for women and eager to see if I can tell a difference. The ONLY difference I could tell in the past was when I took prescription vitamins. I felt like I could do anything and my hair turned REALLY thick! Just curious...

Mon - bike - 45 min

Tues - bike - 35 min

Thurs - bike - 35 min

I did 20 min bike on Friday (it was hot ands I was not feeling very well, took all my might to do that)

I did take my granddaugher to the aquarium on Saturday if that counts for anything.

But today is Sunday and the start of another week. I plan on working out tonight after the grandbaby goes home and then relax until work tomorrow.

Talk to you all at the end of next week.

Greetings,

My name is Donna and I am 59. I have just 12 weeks until

our trip to NE Oct. 7th. We are flying in a week early so that

I can attend my 40th Class Reunion the week before our cruise.

I would be satisfied to lose at least 10 lbs. or down one size

before then; and I believe that is a realistic goal.

My goal is to avoid processed foods, attend Zumba Fitness

at least twice a week, and get in at least a 30-40 minute walk

5 days a week.

Something that seems to work for me and my metabolism, is

not to eat any carbs (even complex carbs) at dinner.

In closing, I hope it is OK for me to join this thread...

Donna :)

Greetings,

5 days a week.

Welcome Donna.

Good idea dllyon,

I did a total of 55 mins between cardio and strength building on Sat so I reached the 150 min. per week.

Might be hard this week because I couldn't go today and can't go tomorrow to the gym. I will do Tues, Thur and Sat this week. Will try to incorporate some home exercise.

I did 20 min bike on Friday (it was hot ands I was not feeling very well, took all my might to do that)

I did take my granddaugher to the aquarium on Saturday if that counts for anything.

:D It absolutely counts! I kid you not that I picked up "tennis elbow" from being in the baby room for VBS week- how embarrassing!:p I need to get out to walk tonight but I was waiting for it to cool down a little more. Hmmm, maybe I should just think of it as preparing for cruise weather, minus that wonderful breeze!

Greetings,

5 days a week.

Welcome Donna. My name is Donna also. I always forget to say that on these boards. Like everyone should know my name is Donna from the D in my login. LOL

Hopefully we can all motivate each other and help each other to meet our goals.

Have a great week.

Yes it is Blambky. Just stay focused. I wish I had that little to lose but even when you aren't at goal if you lose it just makes you feel better overall. Good luck to you.

Thanks! Best of luck to you too! Just little bit everyday, right?!:rolleyes: I need to start remembering little BITES too! :D Hope everyone has a very successful week! Off to walk and drink some more water. Side note- trying to drink ONLY water after my morning coffee, no more diet stuff. I will be eager to see if I crave less sweets.

Archived