John Labelle, QM2 singer, engaged?

dancer11

John Labelle was the featured vocalist for the entire 2011 world cruise. We noticed he and a lovely English gal who was a passenger travelling with her Dad were quite chummy, then she departed half way through the trip. She returned to the ship for the last segment, and we noticed then they were a couple.

A dance host we met on the trip has told us they are now engaged! He said she was recently a passenger again, this time with her mother, and I think he said it was John's final cruise for a while. I hope it's true, as they seemed very happy.

• 3 months later...

Hi Dancer 11, John Labelle is still on the Queen Mary 2, he had a break after the world cruise '11 and returned to QM2 in July. He will be onboard until 24th November when he will transfer to the Queen Elizabeth, for the world cruise 2012, and summer med cruises. I must have met you on the world cruise 2011. John married Janet on 15th September while the ship docked in Liverpool! check the links below:

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2011/09/16/couple-tie-the-knot-in-liverpool-after-whirlwind-romance-on-board-the-qm2-92534-29431115/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/echo-districts/aigburth-mossley-hill-echo/aigburth-mossley-hill-news/2011/09/16/couple-tie-the-knot-as-cunard-flagship-queen-mary-2-makes-return-visit-to-liverpool-100252-29432477/

...John married Janet on 15th September while the ship docked in Liverpool!...

How fantastic! :D

And I'm certain that afficionados of Terry Wogan will appreciate the enormous significance of a real life "Janet and John"

J

How nice to see such a nice event happened. She seemed so nice, and though it is quick, I knew my husband was "the one" right away, married him 7 months later and have had 40 years of wonderful marriage.

Maybe we did meet, with a nickname of twirldancer, you may dance as much as we do. there's a picture of us at mcgheetravel.blogspot.com

Archived