My first DIAMOND cruise! 7/1/11 Monarch pictorial with Coco Cay Cabana Club report!

Oh bummer! I read this whole thread and was thinking I would surprise my DH with one. We will be there on Christmas Day. $35 seemed very reasonable, but $50 seems a little high to me.

I do not know what is included with the cabanettes (blue clam shell tents) for $50.....

but with the cabana for 4 persons for $120 they included the snorkeling equipment ($29 each), the floating mats ($10 each), 4 bottles of Evian water ($5 each), a bottle of champagne, 2 plates with fresh fruit, the upgraded lunch (includes steak) and 4 very comfortable thick cushioned lounges inside the shaded cabana.

If you are planning on going snorkeling ~ it is a pretty good deal!

I do not know what is included with the cabanettes (blue clam shell tents) for $50.....

but with the cabana for 4 persons for $120 they included the snorkeling equipment ($29 each), the floating mats ($10 each), 4 bottles of Evian water ($5 each), a bottle of champagne, 2 plates with fresh fruit, the upgraded lunch (includes steak) and 4 very comfortable thick cushioned lounges inside the shaded cabana.

If you are planning on going snorkeling ~ it is a pretty good deal!

Hmmm? That does sound like a really good deal. DH asked if we were going to bring our snorkel equipment and I said no, so this might work out perfect.

• 3 months later...
The Cabana Club dining area

232323232%7Ffp433%3C%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A72%3C2%3B7326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43373%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A737%3B45326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43433%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A7366%3C%3B326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43432%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A737%3B62326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43439%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A73873%3B326nu0mrj

Mmmmmmm.....Yes, that is a steak, BBQ ribs, shish kabob and, of course, the obligatory hot dog!

232323232%7Ffp43445%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A738736326nu0mrj

FAntastic pics! the area shots are spot on for how it is now (as of March 2012).. but there are a cpl of changes (seems they are still "tweaking" the Island Oasis concept a bit)...

1. Floating mats were not at our loungers.. they were stacked up at the check in "hut"

2. Buffet is now "L" shaped.. grill has moved down to the ground to the right.. and is seems like there are less "covered" serving trays and more "platters".seems "smaller" over-all than what is pictured here.. also, no ice sculpture, but a small "fruit carving" instead... very similar to the watermelon pictured...

I also think we had fewer "side" choices than what was pictured.. tho that may be wrong.. I know there was a veggie crudite "plate" (yes.. like an oversized buffet plate) with carrots, celery, broccoli, tomato, etc).. and then it was that really icky "pasta salad" that seems to have NO dressing at all.. same as windjammer.. (wish they'd just make it an "italian" pasta salad and throw on some dressing or something.. always seems sooooo dry!), corn on the cob (soaked in butter) very HARD baked potatoes (and NO BUTTER as a side -- but there was sour cream), there was guacamole.. but no chips?? so, maybe I"m dumb.. but what would I put it on?? My potato??? (seriously.. this confused me.. with what was on the buffet, , I could've made a FANTASTIC plate of nacho's: grilled chicken & shrimp, peppers, onions, fresh lettuce, tomato, sour cream.. just needed the tortilla chips!!!!)

What looked to be NY Strip Steaks were cooked and placed on buffet (they were thin and COOKED.. if you want WELL, this is your best place),

actually the best thing (IMO) was the chicken kabobs.. the shrimp/scallop kabob was okay.. **IF you didn't eat the FISH**.. I live by the Ocean and ADORE all kinds of fish.. maybe it was the day.. but this was just NOT GOOD.. VERY VERY "fishy" tasting.. I think it was clearly a "cod" of some sort.. frozen, carried in, thawed and then tried to grill.....could not have been king or spanish mackeral, red fish, trigger, flounder, mahi, or any other "local" fish I'm aware of.. look for the shrimp/scallops on the stick, and don't eat the other one (which btw..was 2 to 1 on the kabob)... oh.. AND.. for the shrimp snobs.. they were not local either.. same shrimp as on the "cocktail" menu...took a small bite of all 3.. and then passed on any more.. such a shame...I know the economics of it all, but really.. you're in an area RIPE with local ingredients. there has GOT to be a major distributor of local seafood... please. please.. find them and sign a contract.. I'll pay $35 more PP to have it.. *PROMISE* I will. (off soapbox)

I ended up eating my chicken kabob over the green salad served with ranch dressing. BUT.. the lack of CROWDS alone is worth it. I wouldn't have been any less satisfied with the regular buffet.. food quality was EXACTLY the same, IMO.. the BENEFIT is in the fact that there are FAR fewer people to work your way around.

All in all though.. FANTASTIC place to jsut sit and "be". we will be back!!

Archived