Passport for Minor

tassycatt

Taking my 12 year old daughter cruising in January. When we go to apply I know I need to take dad, daughter, her birth cert. and our I.D. with us to the post office. Do I need anything else? Im asking because I know most places want 2 forms of I.D. Hubby and I both had to show our birth cert. and drivers licenses. Of course, she doesnt drive yet! :p

Taking my 12 year old daughter cruising in January. When we go to apply I know I need to take dad, daughter, her birth cert. and our I.D. with us to the post office. Do I need anything else? Im asking because I know most places want 2 forms of I.D. Hubby and I both had to show our birth cert. and drivers licenses. Of course, she doesnt drive yet! :p

I only would suggest calling the post office to make sure they actually do do passport apps. I know for us we had to go to a different area. We live in a very populated area and had to actually make an appt. Also, some might even have Saturday appts.

I only would suggest calling the post office to make sure they actually do do passport apps. I know for us we had to go to a different area. We live in a very populated area and had to actually make an appt. Also, some might even have Saturday appts.

DH and I got our passports at this particular PO last year.

We purchased a state id for our now 13 year old son.($8) I'm not trying to sway you in not getting your 12 year old a passport but once I was advised they had to get a new one at 16 we decided that the state id and birth certificate would be okay for 3 more years for cruising purposes.

Actually' if a 13 year old gets a passport, it will just be good for 5 years. It doesn't have to be replaced at 16. At 16 they just become an adult in the process of getting a passport.

Oh, well our postmaster must have misinformed me.

I needed our sons' social security cards when we applied for their first passports in 2001. I don't know if that has changed since then.

Archived