Paradise Beach- Cozumel

buglver066

I didn't want to post this on the Cozumel boards because they are soooo slow. I know you have a $2 chair fee and a $10 minimum food/drink purchase for Paradise Beach- is this even for children? I have a three and one year old going with me. Just trying to budget :eek:. Well as much as you can for a cruise :p.

We haven't gone there yet but I've been reading up on it as we plan to in a few days. You may want to friend them on Facebook and just ask as I've seen mixed responses here. For the most part, they seem very friendly with a LOT of repeat customers - always a good sign. Remember that it's $2 per chair and if you or your kids are going to use the water toys, trampolines, etc., you need to buy a bracelet for $12. I've read that they don't enforce the $10 per person minimum and that it's lumped together as the group. A few more aggressive waiters may demand it, but not the majority.

Has anyone been here and Nachi Cocum? How do they compare?

Like previously stated, Paradise you can expect lots of kids, families, and a busy scene. Pay as you go, nice facilities.

Nachi is a step up, all inclusive, limited to 100 people per day, a little more refined and not as much for kids to do (on purpose?) It is pricy though, like $60/pp or so for decent food ( I am told) and strong drinks.

Other options to make your decision harder:

chankanaab national park, isla de pasion, stingray beach and Playa Palancar.

I agree paradise beach is noisy but I like the hustle and bustle of people being around. I hate being alone on a beach, it takes away the opportunity to meet others and for the kiddies to play with other kids. We purchased a ticket that gave us chair access, kayak boats, the water trampoline and the in water rock climbing wall for about $10. That was 2 years ago so I dont' know if the prices have changed but I would do that instead of nickle and diming it elsewhere. the food at the restaurant isn't anything to write home about. If you are hungry it will do.

I have been to both and enjoy both Nachi and Paradise Beach.. If I am taking my kids with me we go to Paradise and if its just Adults we go to Nachi...

The food & drinks at both are very good but Nachi is not kid friendly... They will have a great time at PB!

I have been there 5 times and love it the 2 dollars per chair is new this past year and i have never been pressured about spending $10.00 dollars but i never leave without spending 50.00 the chips and salsa are the best i have ever had the drinks are good too . And the new pool is the best the place has realy changed and its for the better not to say it wasnt good befor but its over the top now .. Some one said it was niosy and lots of kids i have to say i never encounterd this problem

What's better for a married couple with no children- Paradise Beach, Playa Mia, or Nachi? We went to Playa Mia last year (booked package with open bar but no food through Carnival) and liked it.

If you're more active and want fun things to do, go to Paradise Beach. If you're looking for a more quiet, relaxing day, go with Nachi.

When we went to Paradise Beach, we didn't purchase any food/drink. We were under the impression that once they started charging for chairs and raised the price for the water toys, that they did away with the minimum food/drink thing. Oops. We didn't get in any trouble or anything. We told the waiter one time, "Nothing right now; we're about to go swim". That was the only time a waiter approached us and asked if we wanted anything. We loved it there. There were plenty of people, but it wasn't like we were packed in like sardines. There was space between chairs, and plenty of empty chairs still, even with 5 ships and over 14000 people in port.

We were there last week. It was an overcast day to start and I think we were the first ship to dock so it was not very crowded at all. We were waved in and not asked to pay the $2.00 per chair. We probably spent the $10 per person in drinks. No pressure to buy food and the waiter for the drinks was attentive, but not overbearing. The beach was a little messed up from the tropical depression Arlene that had just passed over. They were cleaning the seaweed up as quickly as they could. We just hung out at the pool, though.

I was there last Monday...a group of eleven of us went. We needed two taxis to fit everybody, and they ended up putting us in a van ($28) and a regular cab ($13). The price to return to the port was the same.

We were on the Dream, and we were the only ship in port, so nothing ever got too crowded. We paid $2 for the people who only wanted a chair, and $14 for those who wanted a chair and a wristband for the waterpark.

We didn't even begin to meet our $10/pp minimum. It was never mentioned while we were there.

Archived