The Chef's Table on the Grand Princess

Mar y Sol

Am a newbie to Princess Cruises but not to cruising. Seriously considering taking a cruise in December and was looking through the Princess website. The "Chef's Table" and the "Ultimate Balcony Dining Experience" have peeked my interest. Has anyone out there eaten are either one of these two? Thanks!

I've had the champagne balcony breakfast on several cruises...very relaxing if offered on a day at sea and the weather is glorious. The champagne breakfast for two includes enough food for at least 4!

Am a newbie to Princess Cruises but not to cruising. Seriously considering taking a cruise in December and was looking through the Princess website. The "Chef's Table" and the "Ultimate Balcony Dining Experience" have peeked my interest. Has anyone out there eaten are either one of these two? Thanks!

We did this for our 35th Wedding Anniversary and what an experience well worth the Chef's Table. I will always remember how special we felt as we walked through the dining room and all eyes were on these very special people. This fills up immediately so if you decide to do it sign up the second you get onboard the ship. They will send you a letter of confirmation and then speak to you about allergies. I can't say enough about the whole experience. I wont do it again as I want it to be really special and not something we do on each cruise.

We did the Chef's Table on our Transatlantic Cruise May 5th, and it was definitely worth it, even my husband who wasn't sure he wanted to loved the whole experience. You should call as soon as you get on the ship and get on a waiting list. I forgot and called when I remembered and we still got chosen, I don't know if it was because it was our 36th anniversary and are Platinum or just chance.

You meet and then have appetizers and champagne in the kitchen and meet the Chef, etc., then we had a candlelit table ready for 12 in the Michelangelo Dining Room, has all the courses and wine and a beautiful dessert, a rose, a signed cookbook, pictures, it was 3 hours and a lovely evening.

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived