Favoite NEW or old perfume for women & men

shaling

Everyday- Chanel No. 5: Classy and Classic... you can't go wrong with it.

Super-alluring (NOT first) date- Dior Pure Poison... its like sex in a bottle...

I've yet to find a very good fragrance for in between these extremes that I like, so I'm glad you started this thread... I'll be watching it as well as you :)

My favorite cologne is JOOP! I love the scent, and it really goes well with my body chemistry. I also think it compliments my personality. I know that sound funny, but I think someone's scent of choice should be made by their chemistry as well as personality.

Sometimes, to mix it up a bit (and to make your perfume or cologne to last longer on your body) I'll first put on a small amount (VERY small) of a favorite oil. I usually go with Patchouli. I put a small drop on my neck and wrists. I blow my wrists or wave my hands at my neck to dry the oil, then put the cologne over it. This is a nice way of making a popular cologne or perfume your original. If you use only 1 oil exclusively, you can also put a drop of the oil on a washcloth and put that in the dryer with your clothes. That works with colognes and perfumes, but not as well.

This is really old...but I still love Chantilly..it has hints of sandalwood, moss, and orange blossom. I wear it mostly at night.

In the daytime, I wear the BodyShop's Vanilla Eau de Toilette. It's nice and light and refreshing.

I recently got some of DKNY's "Be Delicious", and I love it! So much so, that I even put some on before I go to bed, as it scents my sheets a little, and smells wonderful. The top note smells like apples, then fades to a wonderful mix of florals and woods. IMHO, it really lives up to its name.

I love Issey Miyake's L' Eau d' Issey it smells wonderful, and another favorite is Chanel Chance ,I love the lighter sweet perfurms.

There is 2 new ones out that are on my list

the Tommy Bahama for women and the one for men is great as well.

Also the new Micheal Kors Island... I think it is great for a tropical cruise vacation!

I agree that it's all about body chemistry! Some fragrances smell great in the bottle or on others but then I put it on and blech! I've experimented a lot in the past 3 years (Sensi by Armani, Escada Sentiment, Shalimar -an oldie but a goodie-, Dior Addict) but I keep coming back to my 3 faves: Escada Magnetism, Boucheron Trouble and Diorissimo (talk about an oldie).

I also have a fun perfume I usually only wear on vacation called Island Kiss (Escada again). It's fruity, floral and just smells like the tropics.

I like to shop at Sephora for fragrance because the associates are great and if I get it home and decide I hate it, they take it back without a problem.

It was from a similar thread on this board a few months ago when ladies were offering their fragrance favorites that I got the idea to try Ysatis by Givenchy. Thank you, whoever suggested it! It's lovely and rich.

My husband, who doesn't wear fragrance per se, likes Kiehl's body lotion Pour Homme.

Archived