Waitlisted cabins

I have 2 outside cabins booked on the Allure of the seas and I am waitlisted for connecting cabins. I would like to know if anyone on this board ever had a similar request, if they manage to get connecting cabins and how soon before the departure date.

I have 2 outside cabins booked on the Allure of the seas and I am waitlisted for connecting cabins. I would like to know if anyone on this board ever had a similar request, if they manage to get connecting cabins and how soon before the departure date.

Don't trust RCI regarding waitlisting. On 2 occasions within the past 5 months (once on the Explorer, this past week on the Vision), I have found "my" waitlisted cabins available on the website for booking to one and all. How could that happen? RCI had no answer to that question, either time.

Check each and every day for whatever cabin you are looking to get. Their automated waitlisting notification system does not work.

Good luck!

Linda

Thanks for the advice.

I forgot to mention that my cabin is a connecting one but the other cabin is occupied. The second cabin that I booked is on the same deck. My travel agent told me that I am waitlisted for the connecting cabin. So this is why I wanted to know if anyone on this board had experienced this and what was the end result. I would prefer they tell me up front that my request cannot be fulfilled. At this time, there are no connecting cabins available on my sailing.

Thanks for the advice.

I forgot to mention that my cabin is a connecting one but the other cabin is occupied. The second cabin that I booked is on the same deck. My travel agent told me that I am waitlisted for the connecting cabin. So this is why I wanted to know if anyone on this board had experienced this and what was the end result. I would prefer they tell me up front that my request cannot be fulfilled. At this time, there are no connecting cabins available on my sailing.

Things change. People cancel cruise plans. You just may get what you want. Worst case scenario, take 2 cabins next door to each other but without the connecting door. Just keep looking--

Linda

How far are you from sailing? You should check at least daily yourself to see if that cabin or another connecting cabin opens. If it's a distance until you sail then it may open. If you are close to final payment, keep checking regularly.

I don't know if I will get flame for saying/doing this, but when I booked my cabin on my upcoming cruise on the Allure, I specifically booked a connecting cabin, hoping that it may result in a greater chance of getting upgraded if RCL needs a connecting cabin. I suppose the risk is they don't need one, and I will be stuck staying in a room with poor sound insultation next to some noisy kids.

I don't know if I will get flame for saying/doing this, but when I booked my cabin on my upcoming cruise on the Allure, I specifically booked a connecting cabin, hoping that it may result in a greater chance of getting upgraded if RCL needs a connecting cabin. I suppose the risk is they don't need one, and I will be stuck staying in a room with poor sound insultation next to some noisy kids.

No flame, but seriously doubting your strategy will work. Most likely they won´t need it, as they just won´t care / work with people that might look into a connecting cabin. They will simply say too bad none left, but they won´t move you for them.

We've tried several times to "waitlist" a specific TYPE of cabin....and are always told we can't waitlist anything except a SPECIFIC CABIN NUMBER.....so our only option was to check daily if a cabin we'd prefer had opened up....

I'd just call them daily and see if they have any connecting cabins available. It's a PITA, tho!

I check daily but there are only connecting suites left. I'm sailing in September and final payment was last week. The ship is filling fast and a lot of cabins were booked after the last weekend sale.

I checked with my travel agent and was told that I'm still waitlisted for the specific cabin.

Archived